Best Young Talents in World Football

From The Guardian, 

Next Generation: 60 of the best young talents in world football.

it's interactive.

Look out for Loic Mbe Soh, the response in many a debate about footballers.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2018/oct/11/next-generation-2018-60-of-the-best-young-talents-in-world-football

(And yes, the sadly departed Billy Gimour is there,)

16 hours ago, Uilleam said:

From The Guardian, 

Next Generation: 60 of the best young talents in world football.

it's interactive.

Look out for Loic Mbe Soh, the response in many a debate about footballers.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2018/oct/11/next-generation-2018-60-of-the-best-young-talents-in-world-football

(And yes, the sadly departed Billy Gimour is there,)

We needed the money this time. Hopefully the next generational player we get we can keep.

15 hours ago, barca72 said:

We needed the money this time. Hopefully the next generational player we get we can keep.

This isn't true barca.

Rangers did everything they could to keep Billy Gilmour at the club, to the extent of paying him wages that some 1st teamers weren't even on.  However, the money on offer at Chelsea dwarfed what we could offer him, plus he was getting an opportunity at an elite EPL club.  The club only accepted the 600k because they had been told that Billy Gilmour would be leaving the club regardless of what we could offer him.  So the club maximized what it could given the asset was lost anyway.  The club didn't want the money, they wanted the player.

To be fair to Billy, from everything I have heard, he struggled with the decision himself as he loved being at Rangers, despite the riches on offer.

1 hour ago, craig said:

This isn't true barca.

Rangers did everything they could to keep Billy Gilmour at the club, to the extent of paying him wages that some 1st teamers weren't even on.  However, the money on offer at Chelsea dwarfed what we could offer him, plus he was getting an opportunity at an elite EPL club.  The club only accepted the 600k because they had been told that Billy Gilmour would be leaving the club regardless of what we could offer him.  So the club maximized what it could given the asset was lost anyway.  The club didn't want the money, they wanted the player.

To be fair to Billy, from everything I have heard, he struggled with the decision himself as he loved being at Rangers, despite the riches on offer.

I didn't know that, I guess I erred.
However, maybe our exposure to the riches of Europe will allow us to entice the next young hopeful to stay with us.

21 hours ago, barca72 said:

I didn't know that, I guess I erred.
However, maybe our exposure to the riches of Europe will allow us to entice the next young hopeful to stay with us.

No worries my man.  We often only get snippets of full stories.  What I do know is that the wee man really struggled with the decision and kept it close to his chest - but once he knew what he was going to be doing he informed Rangers - and despite their best efforts to convince him otherwise, realized that they had no option but to seek a financial compensation as good as they could.  We would have struggled to have gotten 20% of the fee we got had it gone to tribunal.  Chelsea also realized just how good this boy is, which is why they were willing to pay the 600k to ensure his signature when he turned 16.

Billy's younger brother Harvey is in the Killie Academy - so clearly some good footballing genes in that family.

Anyone that has seen Billy Gilmour's social media will also see that even though he has already found riches beyond most of our wildest dreams... he is grounded and money is not his driving motivation, being the best footballer he can be is driving him.

Regards next young hopeful.... there is currently a kid within the Academy who is playing U18 for Rangers whilst being a U15..... has already (I believe) been to both Arsenal and Man City - he is very, very highly thought of at the club - but, again, you can't force these kids to stay with you.  Auchenhowie are the best facilities in Scotland.... but they still pale into insignificance when you consider Colney or Cobham (Arsenal or Chelsea) - and the financial rewards for a 16 yr old down south are just too high for them to not take advantage of it.

Us keeping young hopefuls is going to be nigh on impossible due to these factors - any "superstar youths" are more than likely going to take the EPL riches and facilities - we almost need to expect that we keep youths who are under the radar but then develop exponentially when they hit the reserves and 1st team.