David Murray's ambition for Glasgow Rangers

Guest Sutton_Blows_Goats

Guest Sutton_Blows_Goats

http://www.thisisjersey.com/sport/sport7.html

De Andrade called back by Rangers FC

By Lauren Gouyette

TALENTED Jersey footballer Jason De Andrade has flown back from a week's trial at Glasgow Rangers FC with news that he will soon be returning to the club.

The 17-year-old Highlands student has already received an e-mail from coach Tommy Wilson inviting him back to the club in July, but as the central midfielder's father Maurice explained it is unconfirmed how long it will be for.

'He's been at training sessions for a week with the under-19s and he's since had an e-mail from Tommy to say that they would like him back at the club although we don't know how long for - it could be one week, it could be three weeks but it seems very positive.'

De Andrade, who plays for St Paul's, is believed to have bagged a trial after a taxi driver taking the chairman of Rangers FC, David Murray, recommended him as a promising young footballer.

'The next thing Tommy Wilson rang and asked Jason up for a trial,' said Maurice. 'We're now awaiting an e-mail with dates and times of the next trip and we'll take it from there,' he added.

Anyone else know if Frank Arneson drives a taxi?

________

Herbal Store

Edited by Sutton_Blows_Goats

Lol. Its a strange story if true.

I think its great that we try to sign and develop young players, but we must give them a chance in the first team, otherwise, what's the point? I've lost track of how many promising young players have been heralded as signing for us, only to leave a few years down the line without ever making it near the first XI.

Saw the title of this thread and thought.....

then I considered the issue of the taxi driver and his sideline of being a Rangers scout and thought,....cannae do any worse than those at Ibrox or is it one, part-timer who works in poundstretcher´s Austrian shop and is close mates with the suntan kid !

Then I said it´s friday,

I´ll call my burd Monica Belluci, dress her up as a painters radio, whisper "Awooga" in her lughole, pat her on the fanny then head downtown for a pint.

Have a good weekend !