12 hours ago, craig said:

I wouldn’t disagree mate.  Was just giving a reason how the semantics could be used to argue he wasn’t being called a legend 

Rightly or wrongly, of course he was being presented as a legend, otherwise he wouldn't have been there.

The "some" refers to the group of players in the pic but obviously doesn't include all the best players to have played for the club for various reasons, eg. the late great Davie Cooper.

I’ve resisted the urge to divert this topic from the heroine but here goes.

She most deservedly was given “a guard of honour by some of the best players to have ever played for the club”. Turn that round and it reads: “some of the best players to have ever played for the club gave her a guard of honour”.

There it is. Iain Ferguson one of the best. Ofeeshell.

What they really meant is “a guard of honour by players, some of them the best etc”.

Anyway, well done Tiny Gallagher. I hope you’re training young folk to follow on.