Now i dont mean to suggest that we should be a selling club, but it really is no surprise we are in the financial mess we are in and cant afford to spend money on players now when you think of the lack of income from transfer fees.

in the last 5 years, the only player i can think of that we have sold for any money was BF. and we bought him back!

the rest have either gone on freedom of contract (think how much we should have got for the likes of shota and lovenkrands on contracts) or even more bizarrely we have paid off players to leave! or taken nominal fees just to punt the rubbish.

Now a 21 yr old has just gone for 4.5m and there is talk of gordon signing for 8m. think how much money hearts and hibs are getting right there?!

talk of a 1.5m move for naismith (very good player in my opinion) another 21 yr old... how much do we let our 21 year olds go for? if they are not good enough, why are we wasting money producing them? either that or surely we can sell them to the championship for a wee bit of money?!

I think we did get some money back for players, particularly under AM. I'm sure someone will be along with a list in a while, but I think we made a reasonable bit of cash during his time in charge.

I think the thing is that times have changed. In the last 20 years or so there's not been that many young players coming through at the OF who have been given a real chance in the first team. Without that chance in the first team, they'll never build up any sort of profile which in turn will lead to them actually being worth money. I think that's why we've struggled to get any good money for our young players.

Similarly, that's why guys like Brown and Naismith have values on their head. Because they've done a job on a regular basis for their SPL sides, week in, week out.

I'd say its starting to be different now. Guys like McGregor, Smith and Hutton would all command decent transfer fees if they were to leave.

talk of a 1.5m move for naismith (very good player in my opinion) another 21 yr old... how much do we let our 21 year olds go for? if they are not good enough, why are we wasting money producing them? either that or surely we can sell them to the championship for a wee bit of money?!

Yeah agree with this good point.

I also look at both OF squads and we just seem to rake up all the better players from the other SPL teams. We are feeding them money with transfer fee's and also keep them affloat by playing them 3 or 4 times a season - yet we get slaughtered by them and the press at every individual thing.

The Scottish game has went backwards in the last 15 years and I dont rate a high percentage of youngsters when comparing them to players in recent generations, so im against buying players from the SPL altogether especially when we have the facilities at Murray park but cant seem to produce much.