Season prospects

I'm hoping Aribo may be one answer to the troublesome sieges we have encountered and are going to encounter again many times.  Been recently looking at any available footage I can find of him and there may be a possibility this could be our 'Dembele' moment.

He's a big strong boy with pace and athleticism who is utterly tenacious challenging for the ball when his team are out of possession. When winning it back he's then well capable of going into an extended run which very often takes him into or close to in range area.

From there as he has already proven he can very quickly take just a brief touch or two and accurately slot a ball into the net through a narrow space he saw fleetingly open up. I think we will get goals from him but likely even more assists because that's another facet of his skill set.

As he approaches that in range area of the siege wall on a run more often than not he will make a pass. His approach all on it's own sets the siege wall in a more fluid state and others begin to find themselves in a more favourable spot. A Defoe as an example who can then receive the incoming pass.

I think the boy may have it all and now finding himself amid better players at an infinitely more high profile club he's going to be feeling that he has something to prove before he could have any chance of moving on to top end EPL heights.

I would wager his agent convinced him this was the best option for him and now you go out there and run riot in that league and I will get you the mega bucks. This boy is going to be mega motivated and his sheer youthful excitement about this new adventure taking him into Euro competition will drive him on too.

Who knows. If Alfredo stays this season perhaps this time next year Aribo may be our most valuable asset and we have him on a 4 year contract.

Having watched the Blackburn match and both legs against Progres, I'd like to review my thoughts for the forthcoming season.  We'll finish second in the league and won't win a cup.  Pretty much a repeat of last season.

Lessons have not been learned.  

I think I'll end up saying, "Have a dig!" or "Give him it!" about 10 million times by the New Year. 

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

Having watched the Blackburn match and both legs against Progres, I'd like to review my thoughts for the forthcoming season.  We'll finish second in the league and won't win a cup.  Pretty much a repeat of last season.

Lessons have not been learned.  

I think I'll end up saying, "Have a dig!" or "Give him it!" about 10 million times by the New Year. 

It’s beginning to look like Gerrard doesn’t know the answer or doesn’t know how to get the answer into the heads of his players. The next month will tell us a lot although I’ll stick with my prediction we’ll will the league in the second half of the season. 

The first two matches are huge.  Hibs and Kilmarnock are two sides we've struggled against, so victories are essential to show we've turned a corner.

Additionally, with popcorn teeth in charge at the Piggery, we REALLY need to pressurise Separate Entity FC by keeping the challenge real, going into the first derby with the chance to go top of the league.  Who knows how he and they will react to it because they haven't had it to deal with for nearly a decade.

"Let's go!" needs to be done with some conviction.