RIP Bury FC 1885-?

They have to do an AFC Wimbledon. The ownership of Wimbledon is around 3000 people with shares so a fat cat cant come in and do a takeover and run the club to the ground. They still have a board of directors but its annually voted. Its a good platform for a team in that division, its unlikely they would get severe investment doing it this way unless you get someone with silly amounts of cash donating it but its a solid structure.

I feel for the local businesses around Gigg Lane who get a big intake on match day, its them who will get hit worst. Steven Dale and Stewart Day have a lot to answer for. The EFL arent blameless but should have had better rules and regulations in place. The fit an proper test isnt use if they dont look at the clubs financial situation also to compare if the fit and proper person has enough to cover debts etc.

I think and hope Bolton will get a takeover due to the size of the club plus the assets including the hotel. But they do have a large debt.

39 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Yes, Halifax, Accrington, Darlington, Wimbledon, York City and I think Gretna have all been there for various reasons and come back. Good luck to Bury.

And Aldershot?