Supporters' Clubs

4 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Worst experience on a Supporters Bus.

It occurred 44 years ago. Rangers had arranged a friendly against Aston Villa in 1876, probably because both clubs were already out of respective cup competitions? We were desperate to go but could not book the self drive Uni' mini-bus. One of the lads knew the Bus Convenor of the Bristol Bar RSC and he booked six seats. Leaving at midnight on the Friday for a three O'Clock kick-off in Birmingham, two buses were traveling, a double decker and a coach. We had a few pints and took our seats on the double-decker. The back seat had two five gallon drums, both for necessary urination. A large funnel was placed in the small aperture of the first drum.

The first three-four hours were quite raucous, songs were being sung and absolute love of Rangers proclaimed. The bus was awash with booze, heavy cargoes. The bus quietened between four and five in the morning, the vast majority in drunken slumbers. I woke before six, desperate for a slash, staggered my way to the back of the bus to find some cnut had crapped in the funnel.

1876 would be 144 years ago @26th of foot. We did play them in the FA cup in 1887 but I don't think even you're old enough to remember that one. ??

Trips to England are always good for a laugh, although I missed the train home when we played at Craven Cottage, in 2004 (we didn't hire a bus for that one).  Despite being on the platform prior to the train leaving, with my RSC nearby, I blacked out and next thing I knew I was sitting next to a bin ....at a different railway station!?  

I'd still love to know what on Earth I did during that few hours.  ?  And thanks to my mum, who paid for my train ticket the following day.