Interview | Stewart Robertson | Club Update

While there is a lot of great news, I am still very disappointed in Rangers letting go of the corrupt voting fiasco! another missed opportunity to bring the corrupt cabal down IMO.

10 hours ago, ian1964 said:

While there is a lot of great news, I am still very disappointed in Rangers letting go of the corrupt voting fiasco! another missed opportunity to bring the corrupt cabal down IMO.

Other than taking it to court there is little the club can do about the cabal unless supported by the requisite number of other member clubs.

26 minutes ago, craig said:

Other than taking it to court there is little the club can do about the cabal unless supported by the requisite number of other member clubs.

Then they owe the support an explanation 

They armed us for battle, letting it meekly slide away isn’t a good look on our board 

So give us the Transparency you promised and we will follow 

5 hours ago, craig said:

I for one would have liked the club to take the the corrupt SPFL to court, we have to assume the club took legal advice and on that advice they didn't have a case? the dossier they produced was enough for court action! IMO, but then what do I know about company law? other than what the club lead us to believe with their dossier!. Makes the board look stupid and weak. 

The thing that bugs me is the board issued a couple of statements which suggested they would seek other avenues if the SPFL and club votes didn't go our way.

But they haven't. 

Hence my annoyance on another thread about numerous statements and the reference to 'all mouth and no trousers'.

Don't make threats and then not follow through because now Lawwell and co know they're dealing with an opposition with no conviction. 

42 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I for one would have liked the club to take the the corrupt SPFL to court, we have to assume the club took legal advice and on that advice they didn't have a case? the dossier they produced was enough for court action! IMO, but then what do I know about company law? other than what the club lead us to believe with their dossier!. Makes the board look stupid and weak. 

How do you know they haven't ?  They may be in the process of putting together a legal challenge - these things don't happen overnight.  I am not saying they are but some of our fans don't appreciate that these things can a) take time and b) are sometimes better done in the background without all the public urore over them.

10 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The thing that bugs me is the board issued a couple of statements which suggested they would seek other avenues if the SPFL and club votes didn't go our way.

But they haven't. 

Hence my annoyance on another thread about numerous statements and the reference to 'all mouth and no trousers'.

Don't make threats and then not follow through because now Lawwell and co know they're dealing with an opposition with no conviction. 

They haven't.... that we know of.

You could be right but have no idea if the cub are still pursuing this or not.  It isn't always wise to be transparent too early.  Sometimes better to not show your cards.  

I'm not saying you, Stevie or Ian are wrong.... but we are, at this point, simply guessing that the club have given this up.  We don't know yet what they are doing, if anything.

Why not give them the benefit of the doubt until we know for sure ?

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

Robertson seemed to suggest it's all over during the interview in the OP, craig.

Ahhhh, haven't had the chance to watch it yet - cheers Gonzo