[FT] Kilmarnock 0 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 19 pen)

10 minutes ago, craig said:

The Balogun sub made perfect sense to me.  By that point Killie had lumped Broadfoot up front so Balogun provided an additional aerial presence to defend against the long, lumped ball !

I agree. Gerrard has been criticised for his timing / lack of subs in the past. Both subs today raised eyebrows to many. The first Davis for Aribo (66min), replaced our most forward thinking midfielder for a more defensive one. The second, Balagon for Morelos (86min) was a clear counter to them pushing Broadfoot upfront. I cannot remember Gerrard ever making 2 blatantly defensive substitutions before in a domestic match. To me, it shows he has much more confidence in our defensive unit this season, and coupled with surface, conditions and "one trick" opposition, that this Rangers could see it out. Big benefits are Kamara, Roofe and Hagi are rested up for Thursday. Aribo gets 66 mins of game time as well!

Great win by the lads today. Wish we had put it to bed sooner but we never really looked in danger of conceding. It's another thing the players can tick off their list of things to achieve. 

Goldson was immense, thought Jack was buzzing and Aribo showed nice touches. Thought Itten equipped himself well despite being out of position. 

2 to go until the break which a few probably need. 

Though not our best performance, our record is brilliant as is our goals against. This is an almighty foundation for taking the title.