Gersnet Forum | Player of the Year Race 2020/21 | November

Thanks for that, interesting stuff. I think it shows that the talent is this team is evenly distributed. At times, last season in particular, many fans seemed to regard Kent and Morelos as superstars who stood out like a sore thumb in our team. I never understood that, although I could see after his run of goals that Morelos could attract large bids, due to his age and profile.

But generally, I think we have talent throughout the team and it is pretty evenly distributed. There aren't many players who, if they got injured, it would be a catastrophe. The two players I think we would miss the most are Tavernier and Barisic, followed closely by Goldson. I've said for a while that I see Aribo as a player who will emerge as a crucial player this season, but his injury has set him back and he will need a bit of time to return to his best.

All in all, very exciting times with this group of players.

I was actually thinking about if we lost Tav to injury the other day.

His (and Goldson's) availability has been quite incredible over the years so it seems likely they'd be out for whatever reason but there's no doubt if we lost Tav it would be a big problem.  Patterson looks good but is still untested and I'm not sure how well Jack or Balogun would work at right back.  

12 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I was actually thinking about if we lost Tav to injury the other day.

His (and Goldson's) availability has been quite incredible over the years so it seems likely they'd be out for whatever reason but there's no doubt if we lost Tav it would be a big problem.  Patterson looks good but is still untested and I'm not sure how well Jack or Balogun would work at right back.  

I am happy with our backups but there is no denying it would be a huge concern if we lost either fullback for a period of time. Jack would be the obvious choice to play there if we didn't feel Patterson was up to it yet and I think he would do very well at some things but not so much at others.

44 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I am happy with our backups but there is no denying it would be a huge concern if we lost either fullback for a period of time. Jack would be the obvious choice to play there if we didn't feel Patterson was up to it yet and I think he would do very well at some things but not so much at others.

I concur, Jack started his career at right back for Aberdeen and would be a competent shove in.

• Frankie changed the title to Gersnet Forum | Player of the Year Race 2020/21 | November