Another £2.2m of shares issued

Supporters Direct also suggesting over £20m has been put into the club over the last year via this method.

I'd be interested in our resident financial experts' thoughts on this strategy.

21 minutes ago, Captain_Buns said:

I guess this is the funds that were required to see us through until the end of the season?  Thankfully we have investors willing to bridge these gaps,  but what happens when they can no longer dip into their pockets?

My first post here on GersNet so hello to everyone.

Good to see you've come across. Welcome.

20 minutes ago, Captain_Buns said:

I guess this is the funds that were required to see us through until the end of the season?  Thankfully we have investors willing to bridge these gaps,  but what happens when they can no longer dip into their pockets?

My first post here on GersNet so hello to everyone.

Good to see you posting mate! ;)

Aye, clearly the investors have played their part this season in a big way given the money that hasn't come in via the usual methods due to the pandemic.  One wonders where we'd be without our efforts in the Europa League...

Staying positive though, if we can qualify for the CL next season, then that may negate the need for any player sales over and above what the manager would be prepared to accept.  The Europa League would be another decent consolation but the quicker we can get fans and hospitality customers back at Ibrox, the better as well.

I read something on twitter recently (so may not be accurate) that was saying we'd require approx £2 million this season, and £14 million next season from investors.  Quite high amounts when you consider Dave King only recently was saying the club isn't far off from being self sufficient.

Like you say though, getting the fans back in the doors & making the champions league should make all the difference.

34 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Supporters Direct also suggesting over £20m has been put into the club over the last year via this method.

I'd be interested in our resident financial experts' thoughts on this strategy.

Yeah, around £21.5m in the last 6 months.

Around half of this is converting the director & shareholder loans that were in place at the end of last season, with the balance being new funding. It was expected that we would need £8.8m of funding by the end of the season, so it's largely in line with expectations.

We will also need £14.4m of funding for next season (including a loan repayment to Dave King of around £5.5m), and I'd guess that the plan is for that to be funded largely through player sales and hopefully CL qualification.

As for this as a strategy, it got us #55, so it's OK in my books!

There isn't really much of an alternative at this point, as I'd presume that our third party financing options will be limited. The medium term business model of selling players will need to kick in now though as the well of shareholder funding must be lose to dry.

3 minutes ago, Captain_Buns said:

I read something on twitter recently (so may not be accurate) that was saying we'd require approx £2 million this season, and £14 million next season from investors.  Quite high amounts when you consider Dave King only recently was saying the club isn't far off from being self sufficient.

Dave King was saying that so that fans would buy into the C1872 appeal of buying his shares rather than putting their money into the club. 

50 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Dave King was saying that so that fans would buy into the C1872 appeal of buying his shares rather than putting their money into the club. 

or because it's 1 player sold........

or making the CL group stages. 

i don't think we are far away. 

Edited by the gunslinger

Champions League is a must if we want to avoid further share issues.

Looking at it we got 10m Euros for our Europa League run making groups in Champions League and no wins will get you around 20m Euros.

There is also this ten year coefficient thing i dont really understand that can make a massive difference.

For example Shakhtar got 25m for that alone this year and Middytland (?) got 2m who have a similar rank to us