Saturday, 15 September 2007 Fixtures

_________________________ Time_____ TV

Hearts v Rangers ___________12:30___Setanta

Aberdeen v Motherwell ______15:00

Celtic v Inverness CT _________15:00

Falkirk v Hibernian __________15:00

Gretna v Kilmarnock_________ 15:00

After The great showing of our National team in beating the onion sniffers on there own turf, it is back to SPL action this weekend.

Or could I be wrong:confused: is it Lithuania v Scotland the sequel.

Rangers travel across to Edinburgh to meet Mad Vlads Gorgie Herdsmen. Watch out for the 12.30 kick-off due to Setanta coverage. Hearts will have built up a bit of confidence after beating Motherwell and the Faroe Islands but to be honest they have been probably the worst looking team in the league up until now.

I think they will defend and try to hit us on the break but hopefully the performances from the last few weeks, plus a knock-on effect from Wednesday should see us winning by two or three goals.

Aberdeen v Motherwell looks by far the most difficult game to predict as both have started the season reasonably well. Mark McGhee has got the steelmen playing some nice football and should have got more out of the game against Hearts as they were the better team.

Abeerdeen got over the loss of Craig Brewster when Lee Miller headed a second-half goal to beat Kilmarnock last time out.

I think Home advantage will give Aberdeen the victory here but a draw is also a strong possibility.

Celtic welcome Craig Brewster�s Inververness Caley to darkhead, and after scoring ten goals in the last two games they must be biting at the bit to get at the team lying at the bottom of the league.

Brewster pulled his troops together against Hibs in their last game, and were unlucky to lose to an early penalty and not get anything from a game they played well in. I don�t see Caley having much chance to be honest and think they will do well to keep the score down.

Falkirk and Hibs who have been quoted as being possibly two of the best footballing teams over the past few seasons will fight it out at the Falkirk Stadium. Falkirk haven�t been having a lot of luck up until now this season while playing nice football the results have not being going their way. John Hughs said he will not change their style but if results don�t start coming soon, he may have to go back to the drawing board if the pressure starts to mount on him. Hibs on the other hand have been getting the rub of the green of late with a comeback against Aberdeen and a penalty win against Inverness. I fancy a surprise win for Falkirk.

Gretna meet Kilmarnock at Fir Park, where the spot the ball competition will change to a spot the supporter competition. Surely the Raydale park would have brought a better atmosphere for these two teams.

Gretna have stiffened up of late and have much harder to beat as Hearts found out.

Kilmarnock have lost their best striker Steven Naismith after his �£2m move to Rangers, and may find it hard to break down the stiff Gretna defence. Personally I think Gretna would have a good chance if the game was at Raydale park but I think Kilmarnock will pull on the longest straw at Fir park.

"they have been probably the worst looking team in the league up until now"

Watch out for the Real Madrid team that turns up in maroon at Swynecastle.... It will be truely amazing.

I don't know why you had to change mate and no matter what name you use you are one of the best. But FFS Wija for Jimmy come on give us a break. Are you in trouble with the KGB????:confused: