Official: Rangers Sign Rabbi Matondo

1 minute ago, Gazza_8 said:

So excuse my ignorance here, is he any good? Will he be in about the 1st team straight away? 

Yeah he will mate (good to see you back bud - still in the force ?).  Youtube is no place to judge (as we learned with Sebo) but he has blistering pace (fastest 20 metres ever recorded at Man City, beating Sterling, Sane and Walker and, funnily enough, quicker over 20 metres than Usain Bolt - true story !), tricky, direct but definitely needs work on his decision-making when either shooting or delivering the ball in.

My fear is whether he will be able to use his pace given how deep teams sit against us - however, if he is deployed on the right wing then it also should mean that Kent isnt double-teamed on the other side, which should open him up to be able to contribute more as well.

He signed for Schalke for 11 mill from Man City and was part of their first team.

The Tims were after him as well apparently. 

9 minutes ago, craig said:

Yeah he will mate (good to see you back bud - still in the force ?).  Youtube is no place to judge (as we learned with Sebo) but he has blistering pace (fastest 20 metres ever recorded at Man City, beating Sterling, Sane and Walker and, funnily enough, quicker over 20 metres than Usain Bolt - true story !), tricky, direct but definitely needs work on his decision-making when either shooting or delivering the ball in.

My fear is whether he will be able to use his pace given how deep teams sit against us - however, if he is deployed on the right wing then it also should mean that Kent isnt double-teamed on the other side, which should open him up to be able to contribute more as well.

He signed for Schalke for 11 mill from Man City and was part of their first team.

The Tims were after him as well apparently. 

Yeah, unfortunately. Where are you living and working now? I'm sure last time I was on here you were being forced to return back to Scotland. Maybe not. 

He sounds like a player who needs polished up on a few things but what young player doesn't. Hopefully he can develop. Sounds like hid style would suit an away European tie playing on the counter attack. 

4 minutes ago, Gazza_8 said:

Yeah, unfortunately. Where are you living and working now? I'm sure last time I was on here you were being forced to return back to Scotland. Maybe not. 

He sounds like a player who needs polished up on a few things but what young player doesn't. Hopefully he can develop. Sounds like hid style would suit an away European tie playing on the counter attack. 

Still in Bermuda mate.  Not enjoying the force just now then ?  Yeah, I think we will probably see the best of him against the Tims and in European games.  Hopefully a lot more than that though