The Winter 2022/23 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

6 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

^^^

Bing Bong....Graeme gets it!

I don't get this team man...we got a kid in Lowry who is READY...

How is Lowry ready? Because he can (at times) rip semi-professional and amateur players / teams apart?

Tony Weston was ripping the Lowland League apart (and looked decent) but has struggled badly on loan.

Lowry is a talent, but to say he's ready is very premature.

Also worth noting MB has stated nobody from 1st team squad will be going on loan.

5 minutes ago, CammyF said:

How is Lowry ready? Because he can (at times) rip semi-professional and amateur players / teams apart?

Tony Weston was ripping the Lowland League apart (and looked decent) but has struggled badly on loan.

Lowry is a talent, but to say he's ready is very premature.

Also worth noting MB has stated nobody from 1st team squad will be going on loan.

You're getting dragged into a silly binary argument. 

Cantwell is a good signing. 

Lowry is ready to play in our first team; even if it is off the bench. 

3 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Maybe aye, maybe no.

I've watched Lowry a lot for the B Team. Some games he looks far too good for that level, other games he looks like a wee boy lost. 

Have you watched much of Lowry outwith fleeting glimpses in 1st team? If so, what's your impressions? 

I've only watched bits of the B Team on the tube, but what I've seen of him reminds me of watching a young Billy Gilmour. A clear stand out at that level to my eyes

7 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

You're getting dragged into a silly binary argument. 

Cantwell is a good signing. 

Lowry is ready to play in our first team; even if it is off the bench. 

Forum = a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged. I m not arguing with Cammy meerly stating my view. 

7 minutes ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

Forum = a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged. I m not arguing with Cammy meerly stating my view. 

My response was regarding Mal's position.

I don't have an issue with your view that Cantwell's stats don't make good reading. I can't argue with it; it's there in black-and-white. :D 

I, personally, think he would be a good signing, though; mainly based on him at his peak two years ago. He was a stunning player to watch at times. I also think it makes sense financially: if we can get him back to anywhere near his best we'll make good money on him. 

8 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

My response was regarding Mal's position.

I don't have an issue with your view that Cantwell's stats don't make good reading. I can't argue with it; it's there in black-and-white. :D 

I, personally, think he would be a good signing, though; mainly based on him at his peak two years ago. He was a stunning player to watch at times. I also think it makes sense financially: if we can get him back to anywhere near his best we'll make good money on him. 

fair enough. 

43 minutes ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

I've only watched bits of the B Team on the tube, but what I've seen of him reminds me of watching a young Billy Gilmour. A clear stand out at that level to my eyes

My opinion is that other players (like Weston) have stood out at that level and struggled at places like Partick Thistle. 

I watched Lowry against Bo'ness last season and he was worst player on the pitch (no exaggeration) but a few weeks later, he played very well against Celtic B at Ibrox (wasn't the standout but had a good game).

The manager has already stated he believes Lowry will have a great Rangers career (mentions him again this weeks press conference) but that'll be more reliant on Lowry than MB or however the manager is.

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

Cantwell looking increasingly likely going by comments from Beale today

Whatever misgivings or doubts anyone has about individual players, we really have to give the manager a chance to bring his players in and build his way.

The degrees of pressure at Rangers will mean that 95%+ of the time, developing youngsters will get pushed down the pecking order when the manager can bring in more expreienced players. Pressure that makes establishing a player trading model much more challenging. 

No player trading model and our finances don't work.

Unforunately, Lowry would be better off going elsewhere and getting regular first team football.

5 minutes ago, CammyF said:

The manager has already stated he believes Lowry will have a great Rangers career (mentions him again this weeks press conference) but that'll be more reliant on Lowry than MB or however the manager is.

I agree that a lot more depends on the lad himself.

Too many youngsters don't apply themselves enough. They don't want it badly enough.

Beale is good to listen to but I get the impression that a lot of it is window dressing.

Nobody wanted to watch a Gio presser and its make a cup of tea and get the biscuits out for the Beale show.

I thought Gerrard got the tone and content just right in pressers. 

No big deal, it is the results that matter.