Dave King withdraws from Club 1872 agreement

3 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Good.

Now we can move on to the next entirely predictable stage.

King can sell his shares to somebody that we don't like and we can post a series of futile complaints.

Possibly, or certainly more likely in the interim, he agitates even more strongly for a place on the board given his holding.

Is there another club as divided and useless as Rangers when it comes to supporter (political) organisation ?

Some good intentions, some excellent ideas but we almost never seem to be collectively competent and united enough to bring any big ideas to fruition. The atmosphere, at least for the time I have observed from afar, often has a toxcity that will almost certainly discourage many of the well qualified to get involved.

7 hours ago, buster. said:

Is there another club as divided and useless as Rangers when it comes to supporter (political) organisation ?

Some good intentions, some excellent ideas but we almost never seem to be collectively competent and united enough to bring any big ideas to fruition. The atmosphere, at least for the time I have observed from afar, often has a toxcity that will almost certainly discourage many of the well qualified to get involved.

Plenty good intentions and capable people involved over the years but as soon as there's any difference of opinion - however slight - then splits form. People should be able to work on that as disagreements can be healthy but we seem incapable of moving beyond obvious pettiness at times.

In terms of Club1872, I don't see how it can recover from recent years. I don't know the people involved but it appears a dysfunctional organisation unwilling to admit mistakes, never mind accept responsibility for them. Its shareholding means we have to be careful in terms of how it moves on but without a completely new direction and leadership then it can only continue to go backwards.

Unfortunately, I find it difficult to see how that - or possibly any new organisation - can be successful when we always have various influencers ready to press the kill switch any time there's a bump in the road.

PS: I should clarify I do know two of the people involved but haven't spoken to either of them for a long time.

5 hours ago, Frankie said:

Possibly, or certainly more likely in the interim, he agitates even more strongly for a place on the board given his holding.

I think he could agitate until the cows come home. He has few if any allies on the board and virtually no leverage. His strategy involving Club1872 wasn't as clever as he clearly thought it was.

5 hours ago, buster. said:

The organisations have changed over time but for as long as I can remember, all of them have been plagued by the same core of people who seem intent on destroying anything that might threaten to exclude them.

24 minutes ago, Bill said:

I think he could agitate until the cows come home. He has few if any allies on the board and virtually no leverage. His strategy involving Club1872 wasn't as clever as he clearly thought it was.

From the little I have seen, there seems to be no middle ground with Dave King.

Brilliant or Naive

He has of occasion surrounded himself with questionable advisors in PR and by the looks of some results, the legal although this was sometimes on behalf of Rangers, eg. Merch contract with MrMash

Edited by buster.

5 minutes ago, buster. said:

From the little I have seen, there seems to be no middle ground with Dave King.

Brilliant or Naive

I think that's actually a great observation although it's not always obvious which end of the spectrum he's on at any given moment. It's not unusual in a lot of intuitive businessmen.