League cup finals

3 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Did you have to bring this up?

I wasn’t there. I was watching my other team lose 0-5 at home to deadly rivals, strangely, the team Valentine played for before going to QP. The general consensus is that his replacement, a guy called Johnny Dutch, was a considerable improvement as a defender. I wish he’d been playing for Rangers instead of Valentine. 

The Hampden halftime score filtered round the ground about twenty minutes into the second half. The general consensus of friend and foe alike was that everything would come right in the end maybe with a replay. Wrong.

A word for Partick Thistle and their stunning success a decade or so later. I saw the ‘58 LCF when Hearts beat Jags 5-0.

Enough of these high scoring circuses. I’ll settle for 1-0 to the Righteous.

In the first half they rattled the post a few times it could have been worse 

6 hours ago, compo said:

Then of course there was 57 I was in attendance with my brother and father on the bright side there wasn’t a really big crowd that day

Not a big crowd, yet still 30,000+ more than will be there on Sunday. 

1 hour ago, gaspard said:

Not a big crowd, yet still 30,000+ more than will be there on Sunday. 

You could lose 82000 in the old hampden if I remember right the old east terrace held around 60000