The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Got around to watching the RTV training videos this morning and it's really putting me in the mood for the new season. Another 3-4 new arrivals (Dessers, Cifuentes, Danilo and a new centre half) with the same again to leave would be really good going.

Positive to note that Goldson was back sans protective boot but appears that he and Ben Davies remain unavailable. With Souttar on an extended break after picking up a knock with Scotland then another centre half looks essential. Mayo and Sterling not ideal deputies in the short term. Also a pity not to see Roofe or Lawrence in full training but still time for them to join the main group over the next few weeks. Roofe's part in the squad will be an interesting one if he can regain fitness whilst it may be another month or two before Lawrence is fully ready.

Other players with question marks over their Ibrox future will include McLaughlin, Barisic, Kamara, Hagi, Wright, Matondo and Colak. I don't think all of these lads will leave in this window but 3-4 will leaving us with a squad of ~28 with more fine tuning to be done in January.

All things considered if we can add Panzo/Trusty, Cifuentes, Dessers and Danilo whilst moving on McLaughlin, Davies, Kamara, Wright and Colak/Roofe then I think we can consider it a positive window. No guarantees and a few question marks of course but I'd be fairly happy.

14 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Would much prefer Trusty. If the stats are to be believed, Panzo would be worse in the air than Davies. That doesn’t work in Scotland at centre back. 

2 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Not bothering to check it, but I am pretty certain that we signed Hateley at the age of 30. Not to mention Caniggia ...

Neither cost over a million, iirc.

12 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Would much prefer Trusty. If the stats are to be believed, Panzo would be worse in the air than Davies. That doesn’t work in Scotland at centre back. 

I'm in the Panzo camp. 

They're similar, but Panzo is 22 compared to Trusty at 25.

There's not much between their aerial success rate:

Trusty: 133 aerial duels won; 108 lost; 55.2% win rate. 

Panzo: 58 won; 40 lost; 59.2% win rate.

20 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'm in the Panzo camp. 

They're similar, but Panzo is 22 compared to Trusty at 25.

There's not much between their aerial success rate:

Trusty: 133 aerial duels won; 108 lost; 55.2% win rate. 

Panzo: 58 won; 40 lost; 59.2% win rate.

Where are you getting those stats? I was looking at FBref and trusty had better numbers, albeit it was aerials won rather than % won. Trusty looks much better on FBref.