G14 ... no invite?

Don't you think we should be looking to stick our neb in here? In my opinion, we've always been ahead of Celtic in terms of marketing and innovation, but recently we've started to lag

We'd rather market ourself in Linfield than create a global brand! :(

The other clubs, including Celtic, were invited - how do you stick your ned in when it is an organisation by invite only ?

I don't think the G14 really add much from a global brand perspective either - they just look out for themselves, which is fine, but I don't see that they add that much.

Would I rather we were in there ? Yep. Am I overly concerned ? Nope.

I'm not saying they add anything .. i'm just saying that the fact we weren't invited, is it a sign that we are starting to lag behind the scum in terms of developing our club, marketing, innovation, etc

I've always thought of us as being well ahead of them on that front, but now????

Seems to me that outside the big 5 countries they are only inviting ONE club from each league. Celtic just happen to be the Champions of the SPL...

Nothing to do with marketing or perceived status. Undoubtedly Celtic fans will see it otherwise.

And... funnily enough.... Martin Bain has now confirmed we DO have an invite.

========================================================

Martin Bain today confirmed that Rangers have been invited to attend a conference in Belgium next month to discuss expansion of the G-14 group of football clubs.

The meeting will be held in Brussels on November 13 and 14.

He said: "The Club has been invited to participate in the discussions about the expansion of the group, which will require the creation of a new organisation.

"We are pleased the existing G-14 group has recognised Rangers and the proposals for the new group would lead to the Club becoming an associate member based on domestic football performance criteria."

The G-14 group was founded in 2000 and currently has 18 members. Clubs from more than 20 countries has been asked to participate in the November conference and more than 40 clubs have been invited to jointly set up the new organisation.

=======================================================

Celtic ... full membership

Rangers ... associate membership

To be honest, i'd tell the G14 to ram their invite ... and another thing - when Celtic were really struggling, we pulled that shower of shite out of the mire many a time by doing joint marketing, shirt sponsorship, etc .... i'm sorry, but the time to pull out of any such venture has now come ... let those useless fucks stand up for themselves to see how big they really are!

Celtic ... full membership

Rangers ... associate membership

To be honest, i'd tell the G14 to ram their invite ... and another thing - when Celtic were really struggling, we pulled that shower of shite out of the mire many a time by doing joint marketing, shirt sponsorship, etc .... i'm sorry, but the time to pull out of any such venture has now come ... let those useless fucks stand up for themselves to see how big they really are!

Do we really know what the difference is between the two ? Why do we get so hot under the collar just because Celtic get an invite to be more integral with something ?