Goldson Plaudits? Too Soon?

I think the ultimate measure of a CB are goals conceded.

Have we conceded less due to Goldson or due to an improvement in offensive production? 

Though I am sure he is due some credit as a  team member, I feel this is an argument centered in good feeling and positive emotion. 

The team are doing better, therefore one member must be playing better.

I have seen no indication that this is the case via Goldson.

Goldson, though he struggled with the injury bug has been one of the few consistently decent members on the squad.

Probably because of the nature of his position and the fact that the carnival barker could do little to fck that up. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/11/2023 at 09:54, Dr Bongo said:

Decent player with great availability statistics who has found himself at the core of a series of key defeats . Fine when we have league games and the like where we have a spare CD but come the pressure points when he is having to play head to head with any decent player he is fragile imo .

for me the pairing is like to see is Souttar on rhs and Balogun on the left with Tav and Borna in the Fullback roles .

Already had my say back then . Cannot command head to head situations and also watch his instant reaction each time a goal is conceded  . Who treasures a teamate like this who instantly blames others it can be Tav , Leon , Davies , Souttar , Katic and on and on . Responsibility and accountability are beyond him . 

Now today , first quarter underlines the point I was trying to make in this post . 

what I will add now is if Clement doesn’t deal with this it will be him next just as it was for GvB and MB . Being a leading player means they you are constantly vigilant annticipating and reacting to make big moments . 

6 minutes ago, SykseyBear said:

An overrated bomb scare who should never have played for us again after the Hibs humiliation at Hampden. He typifies everything that is wrong with our club these days. A proper loser and failure. Lauded by fans who have forgot what our club is, who we are and what we mean to the game in Scotland. We will never truly escape the banter years until duds like him have been moved on. Him and his wee pal to his right the biggest culprits. 

His pal to the left (BB) is the biggest culprit, but I agree and have always said, we won't win anything until those 3 have gone.