Setting up the run in

9 hours ago, yuddie said:

I had a look at our league fixtures up to the next OF which is at home, these are the 11 fixtures:

St Mirren (a)

Livingston (h)

Aberdeen (h)

Ross County (h)

St Johnstone (a)

Hearts (h)

Kilmarnock (a)

Motherwell (h)

Dundee (a)

Hibernian (h)

Celtic (h)

So we're looking at 7 home fixtures in the next 11 games, with none of the so-called traditional tough aways either (Aberdeen,Hearts,Hibs). In fact, the only one I'd be trepid about is the Killie fixture because of the reverse and their form against the OF this season.

What I'm getting at is that this is as good a setup for a title run in as you can get imo, we should really be going unbeaten in this 11 and aiming to beat Celtic at Ibrox.

Obviously there's the issue that I wouldn't trust this team to beat Celtic in a game of Rock Paper Scissors but you've got to start somewhere.

I still think we're well in this, even with a medical department run by Ronald McDonald.

What do you guys think?

Cheers.

Well the St Mirren is this Saturday then 7 days in between Livingston on 3rd Feb so if we can play a weaker team against livi and smash Aberdeen with a solid team on the  6th February, then onto  Ayr in the cup  on the 10th,  then 14&18th Feb shouldn't be a problem but that’s if we don’t get any more injures leading up to the  24th & 28th of Feb against Hearts then Kilmarnock both must wins then possibly we might have a chance , we then move onto march and Motherwell is on the 2nd  Dundee is the 16th march then  Hibs again on the 30th  so evenly spaced but no doubt we will have a cup game in that also 🤣 then 6 days later Celtic, if we play a balanced game of rotation of squad then maybe just maybe we will have a good chance. in my experience of watching the Balded one I like to take each game at a time and follow his story as so far it’s been not to bad 🤜🏼♥️🤍💙

Edited by Fa1833

9 hours ago, CammyF said:

OK, cut to the chase. If we have any aspersions of becoming champions and / or winning the treble, we'll likely have to beat Celtic 3 times.

Given our recent history against them, that looks a tall order at the moment and the defeat to Celtic is currently the only real blot on Clements Rangers career.

If somethings got to give then i'd be happy with 2 wins out of 3 and sacrifice the SC.