Jimmy Cowan, Morton, kept the Saxons at bay on two consecutive visits to Wembley while Lawrie Reilly banged in the winners at the other end. Not many Scottish ‘keepers can say that.

IMG_1740.jpeg

4 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Jimmy Cowan, Morton, kept the Saxons at bay on two consecutive visits to Wembley while Lawrie Reilly banged in the winners at the other end. Not many Scottish ‘keepers can say that.

IMG_1740.jpeg

A good bunnet and a sensible polo neck all part of every goalkeepers kit back then 

And here’s the banger in of the goals, Lawrie Reilly of the Hibs. I saw him interviewed on the telly mentioning the respect that existed between the Curtain and the Five sides. He said he never wanted to leave Hibs but if they wanted to sell him he would have gone to Rangers. 

Thank God he’s not playing on Saturday, nor Joe Baker nor Neil Martin. I wish Colin Stein was - for Rangers of course.

IMG_1741.jpeg

20 hours ago, Scott7 said:

And here’s the banger in of the goals, Lawrie Reilly of the Hibs. I saw him interviewed on the telly mentioning the respect that existed between the Curtain and the Five sides. He said he never wanted to leave Hibs but if they wanted to sell him he would have gone to Rangers. 

Thank God he’s not playing on Saturday, nor Joe Baker nor Neil Martin. I wish Colin Stein was - for Rangers of course.

IMG_1741.jpeg

There was a discussion on FF recently staring the the entire Fanous Five and Iron Curtain players never actually faced each other very often. Any of the resident Historians confirm or deny this?