With the Greece FA all messed up....

... ive heard there might be getting extra CL/Uefa cup slots being opened up and other countries would get their places and start in round 1.

Would Scotland (ie Rangers) get an extra spot in it?

I doubt it cause there's only 12 teams in the league but not sure either way. Whats the co-efficent (sp?) looking like these days?

Guest linzee

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method3/crank2006.html

the country rankings are there, but i think its a bit late now to be giving out places to champs league. i dont know how they will sort it out. but the teams in italy are likely to be banned too from europe, but their places will prob just go to the next in line teams in serie A.

celtic's "run" didnt help our coefficient last year, as hibs got a bigger one than them! but if the greece FA lose all their european places then that would be more than one champs league spot going around and a couple of uefa.

I saw someone posting on one of the rumours websites about this yesterday and saying we would get a place.

Someone else posted today with the coefficients and there were at least 3 teams with better co-efficients than us who placed 3rd in a league that had 2 participants in the CL.

Wishful thining I believe

Guest linzee
I saw someone posting on one of the rumours websites about this yesterday and saying we would get a place.

Someone else posted today with the coefficients and there were at least 3 teams with better co-efficients than us who placed 3rd in a league that had 2 participants in the CL.

Wishful thining I believe

does it go by team ranking, or country's league ranking? i would have thought it was scotland's that counted, as we could have come 6th but we wouldnt have got into europe before the 4th and 5th just coz we had the next highest coeff would we? it would just give the next team in the league the place. its possible as greece have 6 european places in total, so they must be going somewhere and we arent far behind them in the table.

but it is wishful thinking, as the qualifiers would be starting in a couple of weeks!

fair point linzee - didn't think about whether it would be club or country coefficient - I agree with you that it makes more sense for it to be the country's as that is how the spots are determined in the first instance.

Would be nice - but highly doubtful !

when i seen the greek clubs had been thrown out my heart skipped a beat thinking we might get in through the back door.

butr the more you examine other countries placings around the euro scene you can quite clearly see that finishing second in scotland does not merit enough to earn a place in the champions league!

Guest linzee
when i seen the greek clubs had been thrown out my heart skipped a beat thinking we might get in through the back door.

butr the more you examine other countries placings around the euro scene you can quite clearly see that finishing second in scotland does not merit enough to earn a place in the champions league!

hate to break this to you, but we finished 3rd! :(

Guest The_Rock

Would the choice of who gets the extra places be given to the same people that fined us for sectarianism , tht dosent exactly work in our favour .

.......:flipa: UEFA