RST Scotsman Fanzone Column 27/02/08

http://www.rangerssupporterstrust.co.uk/rstsite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=181&Itemid=1

THE saying goes it's all about results at this stage of the season. Well, Rangers are grinding them out even if it isn't always pretty. Walter was criticised for his tactics against Panathinaikos, but the end justifies the means in European competition.

Scotland needs as many teams going as far in Europe as possible, so well done to all for keeping the flag flying. Gretna on Sunday was one of those games you are never going to buy a DVD of, but, as long as we keep winning, that's the important thing.

There has been much talk about bad officiating this week, and while every team has a gripe about officials, surely the fact they are equally bad for everyone can't be used as an excuse? Too many officials are making too many mistakes, and it is time the SFA looked to improve standards.

Players, managers and even fans ââ?¬â?? well, some fans ââ?¬â?? are punished when they don't perform to the required standard. I fail to see why referees are not judged in a similar way.

David Edgar

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/SPL-Fanzone-.3818435.jp

Looks like we were turned down for another two good shouts for a penalty against Gretna. I make that at least 30 in all competitions this season... UEFA referees have been no better and I'm still annoyed about that Henry goal.