Curbishley for the sack?

It's been a while since they brought anyone through. Cole, Lampard, Ferdinand and Carrick came through round about the same time but no one has been brought through for a few seasons now.

It's been a while since they brought anyone through. Cole, Lampard, Ferdinand and Carrick came through round about the same time but no one has been brought through for a few seasons now.

Mark Noble :thup:

Mark Noble :thup:

One in how long? My point was that West Ham used to fling out youht players at a rate of knots. It's not happening anymore. They're buying older, over-valused players like Boa Morte, Ljungberg and Neill.

Yeah they did but they cant bring them through all the time.

At the moment we have Noble, Anton Ferdinand and the boy Sears who scored yesterday.

We want to break into the top 8 then 6 and we wont do that with youth, Man Utd were a one off 15 years ago, so West Ham have to spend money but we need a top manager to do it. Curbs peaks at 8th place.

Guest Ibroxian
We want to break into the top 8 then 6 and we wont do that with youth, Man Utd were a one off 15 years ago, so West Ham have to spend money but we need a top manager to do it. Curbs peaks at 8th place.

I agree with all that. But a manager to do it? There's not an Englishman alive who could do it. I know there's many a Hammer who's say Dicksie or some other Upton Park legend but the truth is that's just romantasising. Look at the Keegan/Newcastle situation.

Mourinho!!!!

I'd do it for next to nothing, just throw in a Bentley and a nice pad!