Curbishley for the sack?

He has to go. The amount of money he's spent on West Ham since he was appointed manager is ludicrous and he's not even making them a better team. OK, the amount of inujuries he's had to deal with is unlucky but I doubt the injured players would make a difference as Curbishley is currently playing his 1st choice defence.

Three 4-0 defeats on the bounce can't help confidence and if things don't pick up before the end of the season he'll be under pressure to keep his job.

West Ham are planning a summer bid to install former player Slaven Bilic as their new manager, with the club increasingly concerned with the direction Alan Curbishley is taking them in. (Daily Star)

I reckon appointing Bilic would be a fantastic choice. He's worked wonders with the Croatian team.

Charlton was his level. So many managers who do well with limited resources seem to lose all sense of judgement as soon as they have a few quid to spend. Now, imagine if Colshy was correct - Curbs would have replaced McLeish instead of Paul Le Guen!

Charlton was his level. So many managers who do well with limited resources seem to lose all sense of judgement as soon as they have a few quid to spend. Now, imagine if Colshy was correct - Curbs would have replaced McLeish instead of Paul Le Guen!

Both as bad as each other if you ask me. PSG are 1 place above the relegation spots in Ligue 1 only on goal difference though.

Guest Ibroxian

He spent some money but on ageing players while the team has played well despite the injuries. Curbs is an honest middle-of-the-road, safe bet manager able to occasionally flourish against the big four while keeping you in the Premiership but he's not a trophy winner.

His job is safe if the owners just want to hang about in the top flight while hoping for some post Olympic real estate, after that it's cash in the chips and back to the biscuit factory. Or thoughts to that effect!

West Ham are like Rangers when it comes to money, we dont sack them unless we have to. Both clubs have had 11 or 12 managers since they started.

Curbs level was Charlton and he punched them above weight a bit. The farthest he will take a club is 8th. But with the resources he has had at West Ham he should be at least 8 points better off and in with a chance of europe.

We have had far too many draws at home against poor opposition - Reading, Bolton, Birmingham and Sunderland.

He has bought too many luxury players while barely spent a penny on the shocking defence. 5 million for Boa Morte and 3 million for Ljungberg is a waste of money. Matty Etherington and Nobby Solano cost nothing each and are better options.

If it wasnt for Robert Green we would bea good few points worse off.

I dont think he has a clue what is his best team. But a mid table side dont collapse 3 games running to 4-0 defeats, we shouldnt be capable of losing like that despite injuries or the opposition.

I like the guy a lot but West Ham have the support and resources to be a top 6 club but our players arent consistant. Clowns like Lucas Neill should be sacked, he is the worst West Ham captain of all time. Mistake after mistake after mistake.

Id give him until the end of the season as we have a lot of players back. But i wouldnt want Bilic either - far too unproved.

Guest Ibroxian

Bilic was a well respected player despite his short time at the club, I agree, too big a chance to take with him.

Gribz, you're right about dropping points at home. Last minute v Bolton comes to mind. I wouldn't agree about the defence up until the last 3 games! Our defence had a low goals against tally.... yea, thanks to Greeny! I think we were +11 at one point. 1986 if my memory serves me!!

Has a West Ham chairman ever thought to himself prior to the start of a season, 'we could push for top spot this year'? Doubt it.

Gribz, you're right about dropping points at home. Last minute v Bolton comes to mind. I wouldn't agree about the defence up until the last 3 games! Our defence had a low goals against tally.... yea, thanks to Greeny! I think we were +11 at one point. 1986 if my memory serves me!!

Has a West Ham chairman ever thought to himself prior to the start of a season, 'we could push for top spot this year'? Doubt it.

Yip, Bolton at home was a sickener, but Reading at home was a shocking performance. I take back Sunderland at home, we beat them 3-1, it was Wigan the other shitty team we drew with.

Our goal difference was +10 before the Chelsea game and within a week its -2 thats terrible.

Had we taken that extra 8 points from the draws then things would be different, but then again we've had some great away wins that were unexpected. Plus Rob Green saving a last minute penalty at Portsmouth - 1 of 4 pens he has saved this season.

West Ham also drew with Birmingham at home not long ago. For the money Curbs has spent it's just not good enough to drop so many points against teams in the lower realms of the EPL.

Guest Ibroxian

Lower teams agreed, but they are all well paid professionals playing in one of the worlds best leagues. With the exception of Derby County any team can beat any team in the Premiership. I put conceding late goals at home to 'lower teams' simply a lack of desire from the Hammers. Who are we to lose 0-4 to this weekend?

Guest Ibroxian

That's more like it. Didn't I say Curbs was a born winner?! See the young lad Sears? Full of local pride. He'll probably be wearing a Man Utd or Chelsea shirt next season!