I've noticed a few references to the infamous BJK over the last few days. I guess it can be put down to the extra hype and excitement everyone is feeling in the build up to Saturday (12 hours till kick off:cheers: ).

But really, I don't feel this is an acceptable tone for this, or any forum. Do we really, not just as part of the Rangers extended family but as human beings, feel the need to poke fun, or feel superior in such a way.

We take pride, conciously or not, of being part of a society that cares for it's children. We provide shelter, food, nurturing and education for our kids. And we provide services that keep our kids safe. That's every parents main priority, keeping the kids safe. Unfortunately, you can't wrap them in cotton wool and every now and then bad things happen. And when they do we are shocked and appalled and we call the people that do these things beasts and monsters. Society demands we lock them up and on release register them and track them to keep the kids safe.

Yet, when it appears we can get one up, when we can laugh at our rivals, all that goes out the window. The songs are sung, the digs got in. All in the name of football???????

Please, before you sing the songs are make the jokes, spare a thought for the victims. For the children that had their lives tainted, for the families who watch the games and hear the songs and are given reminders of what happened.

agreed juffrey...i dont like it either. my reference was to the banner they are apparently about to unfurl at ibrox about us being in jock stein's shadow and how our support will react...but you're right..the battle fever is on and being wound up can affect my judgement...

there!...a wee bit of humility to start the day...good for the soul...apparently