Thomson did dive though.

No he never....he went looking for the foul.Slight difference.He left his leg taking contact thus injuring himself.Laudrup got a penalty against Hibs a few years back with something similar.

No he never....he went looking for the foul.Slight difference.He left his leg taking contact thus injuring himself.Laudrup got a penalty against Hibs a few years back with something similar.

If it is pre-meditated to "look for the foul" then he dived, either that or we are just playing with semantics.

I think you are blinded if you think he "left his leg making contact" - if he moved the way his body would have naturally then he would never have made contact with Samaras - look at it again, he changes the direction of his leg in order to make contact with Samaras, and that makes it a dive.

Ultimately he tried to con the ref into giving a foul, that is simulation.

Laudrup doing it doesn't make it OK either.

If it is pre-meditated to "look for the foul" then he dived, either that or we are just playing with semantics.

I think you are blinded if you think he "left his leg making contact" - if he moved the way his body would have naturally then he would never have made contact with Samaras - look at it again, he changes the direction of his leg in order to make contact with Samaras, and that makes it a dive.

Ultimately he tried to con the ref into giving a foul, that is simulation.

Laudrup doing it doesn't make it OK either.

I am not saying he didnt play for the foul...he did.Diving usually means no contact ...imo

I agree he tried to con the ref...and ended up the worse for it!!

I am not saying he didnt play for the foul...he did.Diving usually means no contact ...imo

I agree he tried to con the ref...and ended up the worse for it!!

I thought it was a foul when I first saw it to be fair, but my picture wasnt the greatest.

I think we are arguing semantics my man. He did play for the foul that is for sure - there was contact but it was pre-meditated by him.

It left a bit of a sour taste in the mouth, especially when he was immense all day. I thought he had probably his best game in a Gers shirt yesterday.

He is maturing beyond his age and, on yesterday's showing, he looked a better player than Scott Brown by a country mile. It is only a matter of time before he is capped - he plays the Hartley role for us and I reckon he would do a better job at international level too.