Just dwelling on a few posters mentioning Davis' worst game for us since he has joined. This is after a few also said he didnt have his best game against Celtic last weekend either.

The ulsterman had a great start to his gers career and IMO its no coincidence that the reason for poor performances in the last 2-3 games is a result of a) being shifted out to the right to accompany others and b) the return of K Thomson to fitness.

Dont get me wrong Im now a fan of Thomson who won me over after a slow start to his own Ibrox career. But IMO you shouldnt try to fix what is not broken - hence the team was doing fine with a central trio with Davis in there. Id has benefitted bring Thommo back in the OF game for instance but whats happens with the fans now if Davis continues to play well in games now - the support will turn against him and be wanting him out of the team.

So this makes me think how fast the support were to praise the guy by shouting for his permanent signature and how easy it is for fans to change opinions. Im not for one minute expecting this to happen - i think Davis will eventually move back into the inside right creative role and play well again.

I think Lee McCulloch is another example of this - he was raved about early in the season but is on a very poor run of games.

But it got me reversing my thinking about others players and those who are unpopular and given the chance could they reverse the fans thinking and do the team good. Im talking about Faye, Buffel, Sebo, Gow and even Boyd to an extent - all who have been highly talked about. The only way to conclude these arguments is by giving them time on the pitch - so with a few of our players looking very drained at the moment giving these players game time may not be such a bad idea, plus everyone of them has impressed at some point in there footballing careers.

Just dwelling on a few posters mentioning Davis' worst game for us since he has joined. This is after a few also said he didnt have his best game against Celtic last weekend either.

The ulsterman had a great start to his gers career and IMO its no coincidence that the reason for poor performances in the last 2-3 games is a result of a) being shifted out to the right to accompany others and b) the return of K Thomson to fitness.

Dont get me wrong Im now a fan of Thomson who won me over after a slow start to his own Ibrox career. But IMO you shouldnt try to fix what is not broken - hence the team was doing fine with a central trio with Davis in there. Id has benefitted bring Thommo back in the OF game for instance but whats happens with the fans now if Davis continues to play well in games now - the support will turn against him and be wanting him out of the team.

So this makes me think how fast the support were to praise the guy by shouting for his permanent signature and how easy it is for fans to change opinions. Im not for one minute expecting this to happen - i think Davis will eventually move back into the inside right creative role and play well again.

I think Lee McCulloch is another example of this - he was raved about early in the season but is on a very poor run of games.

But it got me reversing my thinking about others players and those who are unpopular and given the chance could they reverse the fans thinking and do the team good. Im talking about Faye, Buffel, Sebo, Gow and even Boyd to an extent - all who have been highly talked about. The only way to conclude these arguments is by giving them time on the pitch - so with a few of our players looking very drained at the moment giving these players game time may not be such a bad idea, plus everyone of them has impressed at some point in there footballing careers.

Agree with most of what you say but please enlighten us as to when Amdy Faye has impressed during his career? :fish:

Agree with most of what you say but please enlighten us as to when Amdy Faye has impressed during his career? :fish:

Aye well, most players then! :)

He wasnt a bad player down south.

He wasnt a bad player down south.

average at best with pompy, newcastle and charlton IMO.....never seen him play when he was in France...

you wonder how these guys make it as professionals and make millions...