That Was The Week That Was

As we motor into the business end of the season, it gets tougher and tougher to dismantle the previous weeks results and performances, and I don�t know about you, but you require a degree in statistical analysis to understand and programme what games we have pending in any given week. Hence, please forgive me if my memory plays tricks on me and I review the wrong bloody week!

Last week saw us chalked up two consecutive 2-0 away victories and whilst both were welcome, one did outshine the other. Looking for words to describe our performance in Lisbon isn�t hard, but if I had to use just one word to describe the performance and result, it would be AWESOME. What we witnessed against Sporting was an unbelievable performance and one which we witnessed happening AGAINST us on so many European occasions. We dictated the tempo of the game, we passed the ball brilliantly, defended stoutly and converted our chances when they presented themselves. I can�t be the only one who still can�t quite grasp the fact that we are in a European Cup semi-final, with a very decent chance of progressing. Now, I�ll say this upfront, I don�t think we will win it, but we have a great chance. We will NOT change or personnel, tactics of formation for the semi-final. We will look to stifle the game at Ibrox with the priority not losing an away goal.

Sunday saw us progress into the Scottish Cup semi-final with a ââ?¬Ë?regulationââ?¬â?¢ victory over Thistle. We deserved our victory and hats off to the fringe players who came in and produced a decent performance and result. I would also like to take the opportunity of offering my congratulations to Queen Of The South after their brilliant 4-1 victory over the Abergreen on Saturday. They deserved their victory and what about the JCD-esque celebration after the winning goal? Hopefully weââ?¬â?¢ll meet QOS in the final as I would like to thank them for knocking out Abergreen and Linlithgow Rose (in an earlier round)!

So What�s On The Agenda This Week

So after last weeks drama of UEFA and Scottish Cup quarter finals, this weeks fixtures throws up the little matter of an Old Firm SPL game at Parkhead on Wednesday evening and a Scottish Cup Semi-Final against St Johnstone on Sunday.

We will know what to expect in both fixtures (lets not forget that St Johnstone knocked us out of the CIS Cup last season ââ?¬â?? at Ibrox) and we will have to be at our best to secure victories in both games. As the fixtures are coming think and fast, Walter and his staff may be thinking of altering the starting 11, but I canââ?¬â?¢t see much tinkering for the Old Firm game. Thomson is suspended which will be a big loss, but Hendami will slot into his position. I fully expect all the ââ?¬Ë?big-gunsââ?¬â?¢ to be back and the only position that isnââ?¬â?¢t cemented at the moment is whoââ?¬â?¢ll play the ââ?¬Ë?lone strikerââ?¬â?¢ role. In my opinion, JCD will start with Cousin replacing him ala Sporting on Thursday. As long as we come out of the 2 OF games ââ?¬Ë?levelââ?¬â?¢ (i.e. 2 draws or a victory and defeat ââ?¬â?? at worst) then we will have taken a huge step in securing the title. Letââ?¬â?¢s hope that we go for it as we have shown that we know how to defeat the forces of evilââ?¬Â¦..!

Sunday may be the fixture that has the potential to trip us up on our quest for the quadruple. I know that may sound silly given that we have an OF game on Wednesday but I feel that if we get the desired result on Wednesday, WS will tinker with the team ahead of the St Johnstone game. That is not a bad option, but we mustn�t underestimate St Johnstone and we mustn�t not make the SCF given that we have gotten so close. As I said above, I can�t believe that the quadruple is so close, it is tangible, you can almost taste it. We MUST strive to win all 4, but the league is the priority. I know its greedy, I know its almost impossible, but please, please, please Rangers, lets make history, lets win all four!!

Cammy F ââ?¬â?? Support The Dublin Loyal - We Are The Peopleââ?¬Â¦. :rfc:

A team that put out linlithgow rose and aberdeen. that must be some sort of record!

I notice the boy that did the JCD celebration was the boy who scored a winner for the sheep at the piggery if im not mistaken! and might be worth noting it was 4-3 although I would have LOVED it if it had been 4-1!

Good read, and you are not alone in hoping and praying for the quad.

Strange to think that this team could eclipse all others: Greig, Cooper, Laudrup, Gazza and many others.

was going to mention it was 4-3 to st johnstone... good read and i've got to agree that iam dreading sundays game more than wednesday nights

st johnstone are going to be right up for this

will this be the first for a team to win the quadruple never heard of it happening before, well at least at professional level

Agreed about St Johnstone Cammy, they are going to make it a tough awkward game, but the open Hampden pitch is to our advantage.

Also agree about the OF games - 2 draws or 1 win & 1 other result will put us in great shape for the title.

The UEFA semi is amazing. If someone said that you us at 8 months ago we would have maybe bitten there hand off, but now that we are there Im getting a bit greedy and want to progress again - plus I dont see any reason to suggest we cant.