I did not outrightly state that he was the best of the bad bunch. At least that's not how I meant it to come across. I was trying to put forth the idea that whilst his performance was not exceptional and we should not be crowing about it, it was still better than at least 7-8 others.

Novo probably had a better game based on effort and endeavour if not composure.

Alexander would also be challenging as our best performer as he was solid under the cross balls, distribution was godo looking to move the play forward quickly and obviously two penalty saves. Perhaps ironically though his biggest error was at the cross for the goal although I would want to see it again to decide.

Whilst I agree Buffel flitted in and out of the game at times, I think most forward players fo this as there are obviously periods were the opposition dominate possession and territory. However I agree it is a fair point.

I have to disagree about the lack of heart/fight from him yesterday though. I though there was a definite and significant improvement. Whether that is in attempt to put himself in the shop window I don't care as it was still evident.

Got to be said that Buffel had a better game game than Cousin - but I'd still pick the latter before him.

True, but Cousin pissed me off big time yesterday.

No appetite for the game at all. Far, far, far worse than Boyd in terms of effort. On a couple of occassions he refused to make runs to help team mates or collect a ball he'd mishit. Just no attempt to break forward and offer a passing opportunity to a team mate effectively ending attacks.

He did win the penalty to keep us in it, then scored the winning penalty tho.

And the "celebration" when he rolled the winning kick in! Compare and contrast to Boyd in the cup final. Now i'm not saying the celebrations at winning a cup should be the same as for making the final, but some emotion please.

The one thing that stuck out for me was the '' fringe players '' didn't really bust a gut to try and make it hard for WS to leave them out the next game,it's times like these that you want players who have been on the side lines to come in with at least some energy,but it doesn't seem to be happening,especially a semi final,and no disrespect but a first division side.