The official 'Manchester couldn't run a piss up in a brewery thread!'

Utter shambles!

They just didn't predict the volume of Rangers fans that travelled down for the game. They were given enough notice that we'd come in huge numbers yet the facilities put on for us was atrocious! I was in Albert Square from 1:30pm until 5pm and the place was mobbed, you literally couldn't move. The beer tent ran out of beer at 12pm. What the fuck is that all about? Incredible! I managed to find my way to the portaloos used for toilets. There was about 10 of them for about 10k people. Is that good enough? We were left to piss on walls, on cars, on shop windows infront of women and children.

I was lucky enough to get a ticket so missed all the violence in the city centre but I don't blame the fans for getting upset (they did take it to extremes though). The UEFA Cup Final is a HUGE occasion and Manchester let themselves down massively with the unorganised chaos that went on all day.

Maybe next time they hold an event like that they'll have learned from the mistakes they made yesterday. :brick:

Guest Hunter

I watched the game in Albert Square and if we had scored i really think someone would have got hurt, especially the young in there.....they should have had at least another 2 fan zones.....there must have been around 40,000 there at least. Saying that i didn't see any trouble and on the way back to the coach station went through piccadilly square....must have been lucky!

Uefa said Manchester did a "fantastic job" in staging the final despite the trouble and insisted no other city could have done it better.

Communications director William Gaillard said: "Both the municipal government and Manchester police have done a fantastic job given they were faced with well over 100,000 fans coming from Scotland.

"I can't believe that any other city would have done anything better."

These people live on another planet.

Enticing people to come early, get mullered and think there will not be trouble if something sparks anger is bordering on insanity.

Add the fact the only back up plan was to bus fans to another location some distance away whilst the game was in progress....

Total shambles. William Gaylord wants to wake the fuck up!