Rangers' Furman disputes link with Israeli outfit Maccabi Tel Aviv

Rangers midfielder Dean Furman has poured cold water on talk linking him with a move to Israeli side Maccabi Tel Aviv.

Maccabi's general manager Avi Nimni had claimed that he was confident of thrashing out a deal with Rangers for the 19-year-old.

"The move isn't going to be a Bosman transfer, but we hope we can do some kind of deal with Rangers if everything is okay," Nimni told the Daily Express. "Maybe we can do a loan deal with an option to buy or something like that.

"We just don't want to take him for a short time, though. If he comes we want to keep him with us because he is a good player.

"Dean is coming over to have a look at the club and we really can't say too much before we have sat down and spoken to him.

"We have had a general discussion with Rangers about Dean, but we have not gone into specifics. He has heard that the football in Israel is good, so he wants to come and have a look.

"He still has a contract at Rangers and we will know the situation absolutely when those conversations have taken place."

Furman has confirmed he will be heading to Israel for a holiday, but says there is no truth in reports he will be meeting Maccabi.

"I've had people phoning and texting me about stories saying I'm leaving Rangers but it's all news to me," Furman told The Herald.

"There's nothing in it,%uFFFD he added. "I've certainly no plans to meet anyone from that club when I head out there."

Hopefully not another youth player disappearing untried. Will we ever learn.