NOTICE OF SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING

Friday, 20 June 2008

Notice is hereby given of a Special General Meeting of the Society to be held in The Neptune Centre, 101 Clifford Street, Glasgow, on Sunday, 6 July 2008 at 10.30am.

The purpose of the meeting is to elect members of the Board.

NOTICE OF NOMINATIONS

Notice is hereby given that the Society is canvassing nominations to join the Board. Applications should be received at Society�s post office box the by noon on Friday the 4th of July. Application forms can be obtained by download on our website or be sent to members by request.

Members should note that those elected shall serve for three years.

At the conclusion of the official stated business of the meeting Board members will be available to discuss the affairs of the Club and Society.

Yours faithfully,

SECRETARY

FRASER MARTIN

This should be interesting!!

Frankie,

Now that a date and time have been announced, do you know if yourself, Scott, & Malcolm will be allowed a resignation speech at this meeting? I assume you are all able to attend and not on holidays?

No idea mate. I am hoping I'll attend (I can't speak for others) but the early time and that fact it's on a Sunday may deter a lot of people from going.

I did ask the remaining board to ensure my resignation letter was available for viewing if any member wanted to read it.

I would have thought it was only fair that if a SGM is announced due to the departure of several board members, that said members (especially the former chairman) would be given a couple of minutes grace to say their piece. If this is not allowed, I see very little point in going to the meeting only to sanction the appointments of new board members.

I would have thought it was only fair that if a SGM is announced due to the departure of several board members, that said members (especially the former chairman) would be given a couple of minutes grace to say their piece. If this is not allowed, I see very little point in going to the meeting only to sanction the appointments of new board members.

The main reason for the meeting is to elect board members. They have been clever by saying that after the formal meeting, board members will be available to discuss matters. It can therefore be controlled as it is not part of the meeting, and it may even be on a one-to-one basis. Who knows?

Certainly no mention of allowing ex-board members the chance of a statement, although it's obviously not precluded.

Guest Ernest Worthing

There is no restriction on 'other business' being undertaken at an SGM called by the Board, if that is the will of the meeting.

Only an SGM called by the members (which is not the case here) is restricted to the business specified.

For instance, on 6 July if anyone wants to call for the entire Board to resign then that is entirely competent.