Can I Ask....

....what is better?

Being a team that is hard to beat, we don't concede a lot and are quite stubbornd fighting to the last minute.

OR

A team that will attack whilst still having the core of being difficult to beat?

We were difficult to beat last season (an apart from the fixture fiasco) I think the hard to beat was a success. What I'd like to see is a combination of both. WS has had a season an a half to know wat he is dealing with so I am hoping for better still for next season (even tho missing out on the league, we had a great season last time round)

Where will Boyd come into this then??? :D

The thing we lacked last season was being able to attack despite being very solid at the back so Id say No.2

In most of our Euro matches we didnt look like losing but at the same time in a few matches it looked as though we could have played for 180 mins and not scored (possibly due to the formation).

We drew too many SPL matches in the end (Hibs, Motherwell) and if we had that extra bit upfront we would have won the treble.

But if you look at Arsenal they play too much and havent won anything for 3 season now but again thats down to quality, they had the same system between 98-2004 and won the title 3 times, a few FA cups and went the whole season unbeaten in 04.

So your kind of agreeing with me then Gribz?

We should play more attacking as we dont create enough chances not pushing forward. If thats the case, would we not be better having Boyd there as he has guaranteed goals more than any other striker? You cant have it both ways mate!

FFS R.E Boyd :D

Yes we should be playing more attacking football (but keeping things tight at the back) but Im afraid your pal just doesnt give us that attacking football.

For attacking football we need:

1) pacey runners down the flanks or through the middle

2) strong strikers to hold it up and allow runners from the midfield

3) players who are capable of a neat first touch and a one/two with others who can create something

Attakcing football doesnt just mean scoring goals, we have to create first and once again your hero doesnt give us that :thup:

Playing attcking football is probbaly what we all want.

What is the point of playing that way if we cant score bucketloads?

Who is the onle player on our books that given tha chances will score more than two other strikers put together?

So your kind of agreeing with me then Gribz?

We should play more attacking as we dont create enough chances not pushing forward. If thats the case, would we not be better having Boyd there as he has guaranteed goals more than any other striker? You cant have it both ways mate!

sorry Jon i don't want to disillusion you but the way to play more attacking is to push up and close players down in their own half. This may seem strange to you but to play more attacking, Boyd is the last player you want in the team. Strikers are now not only judged on putting the ball in the net but their ability to break up, the build up from the opponents. A poacher is not realistic in modern football, a team is 11 players and they have to fight and die as 11 players.

Playing attcking football is probbaly what we all want.

What is the point of playing that way if we cant score bucketloads?

Who is the onle player on our books that given tha chances will score more than two other strikers put together?

Id take a 2-0, 3-0 with playing great football every week which isnt bucketloads.

Until Ive seen Miller in a Gers shirt again, Velicka and Lafferty then I'll reserve judgement on who is on our books to score that amount of chances. But id also say Novo is capable of 20+ goals (he did it before), Darcheville would get 15+ if he could play 90 mins every week and if Cousin had a good attitude and desire then he would get 20 goals.

Whwn did Novo score 20+?

JCD hasnt and doesnt seem able to play 90 mins (once i a whole season is ridiculous)

Cousin shouldnt even be mentioned!

Miller and Velicka I'd like to see in a 433 come 451 if we could go the same style as Chelsea.

Ive said before, i havent a clue on the formation or staff for next season. Boyd is a starter though as he will gurantee goals, and the last time I looked, that meant you had a greater chance of winning.

Novo got 25 goals in his first year under McLeish.

I agree abour Darcheville, One 90 min game is a joke but its down to the size of that leg muscles.

Cousin's attitude stinks but he is still a quality player. Velicka will possible be his replacement and give us more on a weekly basis IMO.

Miller is a player I quite like and im looking forward to seeing him play again.

Said berfore, we wont know until all the transfers are done and we can at least get an indication of how WS wants the team to play in pre-season.

If I can get tickets, cant wait til the Liverpool game!