Could this pave way for the Shittu move to be back on? Bit is a bizarre signing by Watford TBH.

Dunfermline manager Jim McIntyre expects a fee to be agreed with Watford for defender Souleymane Bamba's move to the Championship club.

He told the Pars website that the clubs were near to reaching agreement and that a medical will soon follow for the 23-year-old from the Ivory Coast.

The player, who joined Dunfermline from Paris St Germain in 2006, has struggled since Jim McIntyre became manager.

"If a fee can be agreed then he will go," said the Pars boss.

Bamba, who has represented Ivory Coast at age-group level and is in their squad for the Olympics, turned out for Watford in a pre-season friendly.

The defender could be seen by Watford as cover for Danny Shittu, whose transfer to Rangers fell through this month.

McIntyre said he did not expect to be given any future transfer fee for Bamba but said a move would free up wages to strengthen his squad.

The Pars boss also did not expect to receive any of the money due to the club as part of a sell-on clause for striker Noel Hunt, who has been sold by Dundee United to Reading for �£600,000.

That is a good assumption to make from that. Expect it to be picked up and in the papers tomorrow.

I was quite glad we missed out on Shittu as I have not been impressed from what little I have seen of him, and for that kind of fee as well. I dont think we need another centre half, with Cuellar, Weir, Webster, Dailly, Broadfoot as well as the younger players who are waiting in the wings and even Hemdani could play there as he did reasonably successfully in the PLG era. I would much rather we concentrated on a winger and a quality central midfield creative player.