Cheers, must have missed the quotes. I'll have a look for them. I think we'll both agree David Murray isn't a dumb guy, this strikes me as extremly daft considering he knew about the release clause.

I think this is a minor detail though and no matter who the owner of our club was the end result would still have been the same.

But if you look back and catalog those 'minor details', David Murray has said some stupid things in his time. It is all those added together that show he isn't the man to take us forward. A few that instantly spring to mind :

For every fiver Celtc spend, I'll spend a tenner

Celtc supporters are more loyal than Rangers supporters

We'll replace (insert transfered players name here) with better quality

'moonbeams of success' etc, etc

Cammy F

But if you look back and catalog those 'minor details', David Murray has said some stupid things in his time. It is all those added together that show he isn't the man to take us forward. A few that instantly spring to mind :

For every fiver Celtc spend, I'll spend a tenner

Celtc supporters are more loyal than Rangers supporters

We'll replace (insert transfered players name here) with better quality

'moonbeams of success' etc, etc

Cammy F

Like I said earlier I am by no means pro Murray and realise like the examples above he has said some very stupid things. I am very ill educated on the full subject. I think in this instance though a large section of the support are extremly pissed off with Cuellar going and are looking for a scapegoat. I feel Murray is getting a bit much flack for this particular issue.

Like I said earlier I am by no means pro Murray and realise like the examples above he has said some very stupid things. I am very ill educated on the full subject. I think in this instance though a large section of the support are extremly pissed off with Cuellar going and are looking for a scapegoat. I feel Murray is getting a bit much flack for this particular issue.

I don't - after all, the buck stops with him...

Cammy F

Realistically, I think Carlos was always going to move on, no matter what he said about his love of RFC & no matter how much the club as a whole loved him. The only thing that really bugs me is that despite some half decent performances, I really don't think FlatFoot can ever be as good a defender.

One would have thought that the Chairman might have renegotiated the contract in early summer, gaving him a huge wage hike and getting rid of the release clause.

....if there was a release clause.....

Paranoid much ?

Don't you think we could have got 10 million easily for one of the best centre halfs in Europe last season. Why would we settle for 8 million ?

If a release clause was integrated into the contract less than a year ago, why would Cuellar and his agent agree to it being removed.

Cuellar used us a stepping stone and Cuellar told the fans what they wanted to hear.

Paranoid much ?

Don't you think we could have got 10 million easily for one of the best centre halfs in Europe last season. Why would we settle for 8 million ?

If a release clause was integrated into the contract less than a year ago, why would Cuellar and his agent agree to it being removed.

Cuellar used us a stepping stone and Cuellar told the fans what they wanted to hear.

Firstly Murray is the master of spin, and we can't be sure what comes out of the club is the truth. I know a number of things Murray has lied about in the past 2 months, and I wouldn't put it past him not to be 100% truthful about this.

Could we have got �£10m? Only if someone was willing to pay it, and perhaps Murray wasn't willing to take the risk in the same way as he wasn't with Hutton.

Cuellar and his agent may have agreed to the release clause being taken out for a higher wage. Apparently bain offered him double his wage on Sunday. Why wait until then?

I believe Carlos would have stayed for this season if we were still in the CL and only left because we were not in Europe and because Walter had showed no ambition in his signings, and we were obviously a club going nowhere.

Saying all of that I do have some sympathy with your view, and I would put much more of the blame of the current situation on Walter and his dismal signing policy overr the summer and his tactics against Kaunus.

Firstly Murray is the master of spin, and we can't be sure what comes out of the club is the truth. I know a number of things Murray has lied about in the past 2 months, and I wouldn't put it past him not to be 100% truthful about this.

Could we have got �£10m? Only if someone was willing to pay it, and perhaps Murray wasn't willing to take the risk in the same way as he wasn't with Hutton.

Cuellar and his agent may have agreed to the release clause being taken out for a higher wage. Apparently bain offered him double his wage on Sunday. Why wait until then?

I believe Carlos would have stayed for this season if we were still in the CL and only left because we were not in Europe and because Walter had showed no ambition in his signings, and we were obviously a club going nowhere.

Saying all of that I do have some sympathy with your view, and I would put much more of the blame of the current situation on Walter and his dismal signing policy overr the summer and his tactics against Kaunus.

I agree with this 100%