Simple Pleasures

As you get older, and hopefully wiser, you learn to enjoy the simple pleasures that life throws you way more than you did when you were a sprightly youth. This may be down to simple maturity, or the fact that at my age, simple pleasures are seen as the little breaks life grants you in the face of accelerating to middle age and beyond.

These simple pleasures range from hearing a song on the radio (or it suddenly popping on your IPOD set to shuffle) that never fails to put a smile on you face and a spring in your step (such as Brothers In Rhythm ââ?¬â?? Such A Good Feeling -

). Or watching reruns of The Simpsons on SKY1 and suddenly stumbling across an episode that you haven�t seen. It can even be scanning your bookshelves for a new book to read, for your eyes to lock onto a book you�ve had there for months and haven�t picked up. You decide to give it a read and find out it�s one of the best books you�ve read in years (Atonement).

However, the simplest and most pleasurable is undoubtedly watching your team roll into the home of your bitterest rivals and give them the doings of doings. Yesterday was enjoyable for so many reasons ââ?¬â?? witnessing Rangers steamroller Celtc, witnessing Rangers playing fantastic football and transferring possession and pressure into goals, witnessing Arthur Borat imploding again (more of this clown later) and witnessing one of the finest displays from your team in a long, long time.

From the opening OF gambits until the final whistle, our charges ran the show at Parkhead. We had a stranglehold of the midfield, our defence was on top and our strikers were causing their defence all sorts of problems. Our goals were all a joy to behold, Cousin battering their back four for 37 minutes (softening them up) and then bursting clear of the faltering Wilson and firing beyond The Clown. Then after a rare mistake from Sasa Papac let them temperately back into the game, Kenny Miller rammed home an exquisite volley that left The Clown grasping at fresh air. However, this was nothing compared to the ferocity and velocity of Pedro Mendes strike. As Andy Gray would say, Take A Bow Son�.. Kenny Miller then walked home number four after The Clown fumbled the ball 6 yards from his own goal (oh how we laughed).

Cousin and Miller looked a very decent partnership and Cousin gave the type of performance that have convinced some Rangers fans that he is the best striker (ability wise) currently at our club. It looks like Cousin will leave before tonight�s transfer window closes, so if yesterday was is departing gift, what a gift it was.

There were no failures in blue on the day and I have to say that Cousin was very harshly treated ââ?¬â?? both incidents that lead to his cards were 50/50 at worst. I have heard the media claiming that the referee had a decent game, I disagree. As stated above, Cousin was very unlucky to be red-carded. No one has mentioned the decision to give Nakamura a free-kick in the dying seconds when he clearly fell over the ball. OK, it didnââ?¬â?¢t alter the final outcome, but what if the scores were 1-1 when the incident happened?

The only disappointment from yesterday is the fact that there are no SPL games this coming weekend. We are on a massive high and it would have been brilliant to carry on the momentum gained from this impressive display / win at Parkhead.

Canââ?¬â?¢t finish this article on a ââ?¬Ë?down beat noteââ?¬â?¢ so Iââ?¬â?¢ll end with a huge pat on the back to the Rangers support who were outstanding yesterday.

Hotshot Hamish

Readers of my age will remember reading tales of gentle giant Hebridian Hamish Balfour in Scorcher then Tiger (http://hamishmac.blogspot.com/) who reportedly had the hardest shot in football. When we signed Jorg Albertz and we started to witness Albertz now legendary left foot, I always used to think back and relating Jorg to Hotshot Hamish. I didnââ?¬â?¢t think we would ever replace Albertz notorious goal scoring ability from distance, but after watching in delight at Pedro Mendesââ?¬â?¢ opening Rangers goal yesterday, we may just have someone who can match Jorg Albertz in the ââ?¬Ë?arse-hole winderââ?¬â?¢ stakes.

We havenââ?¬â?¢t had a regular threat from distance since Albertz left so hopefully Pedro can take up the mantle and hopefully yesterdays sidewinder is the first of many strikes from our new ââ?¬Ë?Hammerââ?¬â?¢.

Send In The Clowns

Well, well, well, another OF game and another Arthur Borat controversy. The bold Arthur decided to give the massed Bears the middle finger after he gifted us our forth goal. As a thanks for this generous gift, we decided to sing his praises, cheer his every touch and generally rub his nose in it. What thanks do we get? The latest in a long line of rude gestures from the not so holly goalie.

I read today that is latest intercession has been reported to the authorities, but I fear that this, along with the majority of his other antics will be swept under the (now bulging) SFA / SPL carpet. After all, his fellow clown Neil Lennon was allowed to do this sort of thing at ever OF game and that includes being caught shouting sectarian abuse at the Rangers fans and bench.

The not so holly goalie does have his troubles to seek on and off the pitch at the moment. Itââ?¬â?¢s not nice to kick a man when heââ?¬â?¢s down, but hey ââ?¬â?? Get It Right Round You Boratââ?¬Â¦..

Cammy F :rfc:

Simple Pleasures

As you get older, and hopefully wiser, you learn to enjoy the simple pleasures that life throws you way more than you did when you were a sprightly youth. This may be down to simple maturity, or the fact that at my age, simple pleasures are seen as the little breaks life grants you in the face of accelerating to middle age and beyond.

These simple pleasures range from hearing a song on the radio (or it suddenly popping on your IPOD set to shuffle) that never fails to put a smile on you face and a spring in your step (such as Brothers In Rhythm ââ?¬â?? Such A Good Feeling -

). Or watching reruns of The Simpsons on SKY1 and suddenly stumbling across an episode that you haven�t seen. It can even be scanning your bookshelves for a new book to read, for your eyes to lock onto a book you�ve had there for months and haven�t picked up. You decide to give it a read and find out it�s one of the best books you�ve read in years (Atonement).

However, the simplest and most pleasurable is undoubtedly watching your team roll into the home of your bitterest rivals and give them the doings of doings. Yesterday was enjoyable for so many reasons ââ?¬â?? witnessing Rangers steamroller Celtc, witnessing Rangers playing fantastic football and transferring possession and pressure into goals, witnessing Arthur Borat imploding again (more of this clown later) and witnessing one of the finest displays from your team in a long, long time.

From the opening OF gambits until the final whistle, our charges ran the show at Parkhead. We had a stranglehold of the midfield, our defence was on top and our strikers were causing their defence all sorts of problems. Our goals were all a joy to behold, Cousin battering their back four for 37 minutes (softening them up) and then bursting clear of the faltering Wilson and firing beyond The Clown. Then after a rare mistake from Sasa Papac let them temperately back into the game, Kenny Miller rammed home an exquisite volley that left The Clown grasping at fresh air. However, this was nothing compared to the ferocity and velocity of Pedro Mendes strike. As Andy Gray would say, Take A Bow Son�.. Kenny Miller then walked home number four after The Clown fumbled the ball 6 yards from his own goal (oh how we laughed).

Cousin and Miller looked a very decent partnership and Cousin gave the type of performance that have convinced some Rangers fans that he is the best striker (ability wise) currently at our club. It looks like Cousin will leave before tonight�s transfer window closes, so if yesterday was is departing gift, what a gift it was.

There were no failures in blue on the day and I have to say that Cousin was very harshly treated ââ?¬â?? both incidents that lead to his cards were 50/50 at worst. I have heard the media claiming that the referee had a decent game, I disagree. As stated above, Cousin was very unlucky to be red-carded. No one has mentioned the decision to give Nakamura a free-kick in the dying seconds when he clearly fell over the ball. OK, it didnââ?¬â?¢t alter the final outcome, but what if the scores were 1-1 when the incident happened?

The only disappointment from yesterday is the fact that there are no SPL games this coming weekend. We are on a massive high and it would have been brilliant to carry on the momentum gained from this impressive display / win at Parkhead.

Canââ?¬â?¢t finish this article on a ââ?¬Ë?down beat noteââ?¬â?¢ so Iââ?¬â?¢ll end with a huge pat on the back to the Rangers support who were outstanding yesterday.

Hotshot Hamish

Readers of my age will remember reading tales of gentle giant Hebridian Hamish Balfour in Scorcher then Tiger (http://hamishmac.blogspot.com/) who reportedly had the hardest shot in football. When we signed Jorg Albertz and we started to witness Albertz now legendary left foot, I always used to think back and relating Jorg to Hotshot Hamish. I didnââ?¬â?¢t think we would ever replace Albertz notorious goal scoring ability from distance, but after watching in delight at Pedro Mendesââ?¬â?¢ opening Rangers goal yesterday, we may just have someone who can match Jorg Albertz in the ââ?¬Ë?arse-hole winderââ?¬â?¢ stakes.

We havenââ?¬â?¢t had a regular threat from distance since Albertz left so hopefully Pedro can take up the mantle and hopefully yesterdays sidewinder is the first of many strikes from our new ââ?¬Ë?Hammerââ?¬â?¢.

Send In The Clowns

Well, well, well, another OF game and another Arthur Borat controversy. The bold Arthur decided to give the massed Bears the middle finger after he gifted us our forth goal. As a thanks for this generous gift, we decided to sing his praises, cheer his every touch and generally rub his nose in it. What thanks do we get? The latest in a long line of rude gestures from the not so holly goalie.

I read today that is latest intercession has been reported to the authorities, but I fear that this, along with the majority of his other antics will be swept under the (now bulging) SFA / SPL carpet. After all, his fellow clown Neil Lennon was allowed to do this sort of thing at ever OF game and that includes being caught shouting sectarian abuse at the Rangers fans and bench.

The not so holly goalie does have his troubles to seek on and off the pitch at the moment. Itââ?¬â?¢s not nice to kick a man when heââ?¬â?¢s down, but hey ââ?¬â?? Get It Right Round You Boratââ?¬Â¦..

Cammy F :rfc:

Excellent post mate, enjoyed reading it.