Making Murray Seem Better and Better..

Guest sharpayrbear
Our option. I love the naivity in this notion that there actually is an option to be exercised by the fans. As if all that had to happen is that we finally reach a collective conclusion one day that Murray is or isn't the man for the job - and then WE choose for him to stay or go. The idea that the outcome will be determined by us, that these debates on Murray's suitability can have any tangible outcome one way or the other, is interesting but inevitably pointless.

There is no option. We don't have a choice to make. Not even that favourite choice of doing nothing. Our actions and opinions are completely dislocated from the reality of what Murray does with his shares or who he might sell to. We've never been consulted by Murray on anything of any importance in twenty years so the idea that we will have any role to play in the future is laughable. We simply are not part of that particular equation.

Again, all that is available to us as supporters is to choose to like or dislike what the man does in his roles as chairman and owner, and how we might show those feelings. There is a small chance we might influence what he does while he remains but not whether he stays or goes or who he chooses to sell to. We can try to be a conscience for the club but we can be the arbiters of nothing.

Think we are in agreement about this - Hobson's choice re Chairman and chief investor. For the moment, I was very satisfied with the level of talent and performance on view last Sunday - hope we continue the same level of success. Her's to 1IAR (for starters).

Think we are in agreement about this - Hobson's choice re Chairman and chief investor. For the moment, I was very satisfied with the level of talent and performance on view last Sunday - hope we continue the same level of success. Her's to 1IAR (for starters).

That is actually a very disturbing post and I'm at a loss how to react.

Firstly, no one ever agrees with me. Secondly, Celtic winning the next eight titles is simply unthinkable.:box:

That is actually a very disturbing post and I'm at a loss how to react.

Firstly, no one ever agrees with me. Secondly, Celtic winning the next eight titles is simply unthinkable.:box:

Wrong MF I usually agree wiith you :P

The willingness of Rangers fans to accept mediocrity is beyond me too. The standard of display we saw on Sunday is nothing more than we deserve and what we should expect week in week out. Watching Rangers should be a joy to behold not a toss of a coin where we half-heartedly guess at a result.

Wrong MF I usually agree wiith you :P

The willingness of Rangers fans to accept mediocrity is beyond me too. The standard of display we saw on Sunday is nothing more than we deserve and what we should expect week in week out. Watching Rangers should be a joy to behold not a toss of a coin where we half-heartedly guess at a result.

Aw shit, now I'm gonna have to lie down!

But you're right. We are what we are only because down through the long years so many men and women have refused to settle for second best. I would say that this has definitely changed, particularly over the last ten years or so. I read and listen to so many self-styled Rangers fans apologising for what we were and willing to accept what we've become today - the classic comment being that "we have to be realistic". We spent the first 125 years learning how to be the best and the next 10 years forgetting it.

Now who could be responsible for these new and diminished standards? Surely not Rangers people. Maybe this just what happens when the monkeys are left in charge of the zoo?

maineflyer,

Was it not a few short weeks ago that you said that the next few weeks would be interesting for SDM in that a group of supporters would be putting pressure on ?

But now you are stating WE have NO option and that SDM need not listen to any of us.

Does that not make the actions you said were forthcoming futile ?

maineflyer,

Was it not a few short weeks ago that you said that the next few weeks would be interesting for SDM in that a group of supporters would be putting pressure on ?

But now you are stating WE have NO option and that SDM need not listen to any of us.

Does that not make the actions you said were forthcoming futile ?

Jeez, no pulling the wool over your eyes, is there? Have you really been nursing that one all this time? You really shouldn't take it all so seriously, this is just a football forum, not the UN.

But before shouting checkmate my picky perfectionist, why don't you just go back and read what I actually said. It may be hard to understand but you're obviously a man prepared to devote whatever time it takes.

Jeez, no pulling the wool over your eyes, is there? Have you really been nursing that one all this time? You really shouldn't take it all so seriously, this is just a football forum, not the UN.

But before shouting checkmate my picky perfectionist, why don't you just go back and read what I actually said. It may be hard to understand but you're obviously a man prepared to devote whatever time it takes.

I didnt expect that type of response to be honest but it seems that when someone poses a simple question of you that you go on the defensive for no apparent reason.

Was a perfectly valid and innocent question. I am genuinely interested as to how either 1) your stance has changed or 2) how your current stance relates to the previous one

I am not in the game of chess, I say it as I see it - can you ? Or would you prefer to start not answering the questions, again ?

You have been asked on here a few times to answer some questions and you deflect and avoid, on occasion.

I don't want, nor have the time, to read your previous posts - ohhh, and I didnt go read them either - I just so happen to have a decent memory.

I am no perfectionist either - but either way, you are trying to deflect from the question, I will ask again.

Ohhhh and I am not taking any of it seriously my friend. But if you dont want to be questioned (be it by the UN or business associates or someone on a football forum) then perhaps you shouldnt make the statements - because statements are there to be challenged.

Has your stance changed from your previous posts or can you tell me in what way those same posts relate to your current stance ?