The Sun reports on Celtic Fans' Poppy Protest

So it's OK for the Green Brigade to bring in IRA banners, but if they do something that creates a bit of publicity by walking out then they get ejected.

Am I right in saying that the club are DENYING that the ejections are nothing to do with the walk-out and subsequent singing in support of sectarian terrorist organisations?

And I am right in saying that the minute's silence was announced as being for the Celtic players who died during the war and not the army in general? (I'm not sure about this)

The political/sectarian side at celtic comes as much from the club itself as the supporters (and that's a fact) with the playing of provocative Irish tunes that refer to "rebelling against the crown", the reluctance to flying the Union Flag, the statements by Lawwell and Reid etc. Even its published web address refuses to have "uk" in it.

Listen ...i cant stand the Green Brigade,,,a bunch of wee fannies if you ask me but (and i sit next to them unfortunately) i have never seen them with any IRA banners ,Sing IRA songs ...yes ,and im against that as stated numerous times before(get the feeling no one believes me ). I cant comment on what the club are saying the ejections are for ,im basing it on what a steward told me when i asked them what was going on ,as i was up and down from my seat like a yo-yo.He said that they had been instructed ,on the back of the GBs shameful behaviour the week previous to go into that section and clamp down on any sectarian,racist or disruptive behaviour,by ejecting anyone indulging in that kind of behaviour .He may be lying but thats what he told me.The minutes silence/applause was directed towards all people from all faiths,countries,and backgrounds who lost their lives in the Great War,with special mention to the seven 1st team Celtic players who died during ww1 and also JAMES STOKES VC of whom there is a CSC in the Gorbals of that name.They were only given a special mention in as much as it was their close personal link to Celtic ,much the same as Hearts do as well.But all people were definately mentioned.May i also add at the previous home game v Hibs at H/T on the big screens, a picture of a squaddie who recently lost his life in Afghanistan was put up on the screen,to mention the fact that he was being put to rest that coming Monday ,to which a respectful round of applause was given.The fields of Athenry is no longer played before games but has been replaced by "this land is your land".The Union flag is and always has been flown at CP .It used to fly at he east end of the Main stand but now flies above the North Stand.Both sets of fans need to wake up and stop painting a picture they are llily white and the other set are not. Both clubs have problems and are dealing with it,but some of the petty bickering that goes back and forth is not helping.Both sets of fans need to take a degree of responsibility for what goes on ,and stop denying it happens.Some of the posters on here seem to be in denial that Rangers have problems and are puting all the blame on Celtic and likewise on certain Celtic forums ,Rangers are painted as the big bad wolf and Celtic as innocent party ,and i admit thats not the case .Ive been open on here and freely admited that we have a minority (albeit a very large minority) who indulge in unsavioury chanting and behaviour but so do Rangers ,yet no one on here admits that.Up until both sides accept that ,were just going in circles