The Sun reports on Celtic Fans' Poppy Protest

Who decided it had to be a minutes silence this weekend? Surely either would've sufficed.

Same people that decided a one or two minute silence were appropriate for the last 90 years. People throughout the country have been doing it at remembrance parades, churches etc ever since 1919.

Applauding instead of having a minute's silence is disrespectful.

I don't buy this applause thing. Yes, in theory it sounds OK but in practice it's awful.

People applaud but also quite often speak and move around at the same time which reduces the effect of the gesture.

That's why silence is much more effective. People are more likely to stand still and reflect on the circumstances for the gesture.

No probs Gav...

Problem is RFC had an applause for the death of Ian McColl the other week and that didn't work well either.

In addition, people tend to applaud immediately after a silence anyway so that is definitely the traditional and best way to mark a passing.

May i just defend Celtic here.Celtic were dammed if they did and dammed if they didnt.Celtic accepted that there is a lunatic fringe who would have disrupted this and brought shame and embaressment on MY club.99.9% of Celtic fans in that ground yesterday would have stood silent for 1 minute no problem,but unfortunately these arseholes "the Green Brigade" decide they speak and act for the majority...they dont.At bang on 10 mins into the game roughly around 50/60 (no more) stood up and exited the ground,and were roundly booed.All Celtic done was not give these arseholes a platform to spew their hatred,which unfortunately they get every away game.

no they pandered to them and let them win. they should have had a minutes silence and let the fans boo them down then.

but there is a very anti british sentiment that runs through the celtic support. And its not a minority either. I had a browse through a celtic website and they were celebrating the deaths of british servicemen in Iraq and afghanistan. It wasnt just one or two, they had a whole fucking thread dedicated to it.

these are the same people who brand us racist for singing the famine song!

Now celtic have been found out for who they are and the whole world knows it.

Same people that decided a one or two minute silence were appropriate for the last 90 years. People throughout the country have been doing it at remembrance parades, churches etc ever since 1919.

Applauding instead of having a minute's silence is disrespectful.

Celtic fans have stood in silence for remembrance day over the years with no problem,and if asked would have done so,on Saturday.But because of the intentions of a few arseholes we are all made to look bad.Celtic have possibly as one poster said pandered to the minority,but with the best intentions i feel.In reference to the songs at Swinecastle, bad as they are ,they are no worse than" Here lies a soldier","Build my gallows" "Fathers advice"..etc .

And its not a minority either. I had a browse through a celtic website and they were celebrating the deaths of british servicemen in Iraq and afghanistan. It wasnt just one or two, they had a whole fucking thread dedicated to it.

A few keyboard hard men (dickheads) .Not representative of the entire support

Did the 60 that left the ground not meet up with another 140 outside the ground to sing all sorts of songs that really shouldn't have been sung, with the police presence there? Why were there no arersts....