The Sun reports on Celtic Fans' Poppy Protest

Did the 60 that left the ground not meet up with another 140 outside the ground to sing all sorts of songs that really shouldn't have been sung, with the police presence there? Why were there no arersts....
Not sure,all i know is that they made an arse of themselves,and were roundly booed as they left.They were apparently hoping for 1000/1500 to join them.Glad to say no-one joined them

Not sure,all i know is that they made an arse of themselves,and were roundly booed as they left.They were apparently hoping for 1000/1500 to join them.Glad to say no-one joined them

And the point would be why did the good doktor not tell the police to do their job and arrest them for singing songs glorifying terrorism, as it is against the law, and an arrestable offence.

That was the point I was making JMS. The piece I read said the supporters were under close police supervision but surely singing these songs is an arrestable offence or am I not quite right?

Yes you are right mate, it is an arrestable offence.

Why they don't [arrest them] is anybody's guess.

Just don't tell them to go home, or you'll end up in Bar-L.

That was the point I was making JMS. The piece I read said the supporters were under close police supervision but surely singing these songs is an arrestable offence or am I not quite right?

This is taken from the Official site of the OPSI Terrorism Act 2006.

Interpretation of Part 1

20 Interpretation of Part 1

(1) Expressions used in this Part and in the Terrorism Act 2000 (c. 11) have the same meanings in this Part as in that Act.

(2) In this Part�

• ââ?¬Å?act of terrorismââ?¬Â includes anything constituting an action taken for the purposes of terrorism, within the meaning of the Terrorism Act 2000 (see section 1(5) of that Act);
  • ââ?¬Å?articleââ?¬Â includes anything for storing data;
  • ââ?¬Å?Convention offenceââ?¬Â means an offence listed in Schedule 1 or an equivalent offence under the law of a country or territory outside the United Kingdom;
  • ââ?¬Å?glorificationââ?¬Â includes any form of praise or celebration, and cognate expressions are to be construed accordingly;

This is taken from the Official site of the OPSI Terrorism Act 2006.

Interpretation of Part 1

20 Interpretation of Part 1

(1) Expressions used in this Part and in the Terrorism Act 2000 (c. 11) have the same meanings in this Part as in that Act.

(2) In this Part�

• ââ?¬Å?act of terrorismââ?¬Â includes anything constituting an action taken for the purposes of terrorism, within the meaning of the Terrorism Act 2000 (see section 1(5) of that Act);
  • ââ?¬Å?articleââ?¬Â includes anything for storing data;
  • ââ?¬Å?Convention offenceââ?¬Â means an offence listed in Schedule 1 or an equivalent offence under the law of a country or territory outside the United Kingdom;
  • ââ?¬Å?glorificationââ?¬Â includes any form of praise or celebration, and cognate expressions are to be construed accordingly;

And yet Ricky thinks that singing "Build my Gallows" is as bad as songs that contravene the Act in question. :confused:

There is no word stong enough in the English language to describe these low life disrespectful scum.

Like many others on this forum my Grandad fought in WW1 & WW2 and my gran was a landgirl both of them thankfully survived the wars but many of there friends and loved ones didnt.

And they remember there friends and fallen like the rest of us by paying respect on armistice day and wearing a poppy as the saying says "lest we forget" so for these idiots and bigots first of all to walk out of the stadium is

beyond words , secondly for Celtic Football Club to authorise a minutes applause for our war dead because its the Celtic way shows how deep the hatred for all the union and Great Britain stand for at Celtic Park.

And for these people to know organise a protest at the club wearing poppies on there tops is so wrong its making my blood boil thinking of it , surely this is illegal , people protesting at there club respecting the country they live and breath in war heroes - it boggles the mind how these people think.

I honestly thought Celtic overall were getting better but last weekends game and pro IRA chants and there absolute disgarceful handling of this whole affair shows me they as a club and it runs way deep are as bigoted and as bitter as ever and they have shown there true colours to all on a day when the whole of the UK comes together to remember there dead and the ending of the war and those colours are tainted.

I feel for any decent Celtic fan who geninely paid there respects as the biggot fans club chairman and everthing Celtic are now in the murkiest gutter dragging the clubs name through it.

Now the media might open there eyes to this posiounous club and all it stands for.

My Hatred for this Embarressment of a Club has now tripled and i thought that wasnt possible.

"Lest We Forget"

RIP D.Scott Queens Coldstream Guards

:rfc:

A few keyboard hard men (dickheads) .Not representative of the entire support

no not a few, quite a lot actually. while im here, i hear there were servicemen at celtic park on saturday and they werent allowed to wear their uniforms. unbelieveable.

Good work guys.

I agree with the boy saying there are no words strong enough to describe the scuminess of these lowlife knuckle-dragging neandrethals:ffs:

If it wasn't for the actions of these brave servicemen that DIED for this country, Celtic would probably be renamed Borrusia MoenchenCelticbach and be playing in the German Reich lower Western division lesser league9.

:admin::admin::admin: