2009 betting thread

My dad has said to me before he never understood why people gamble. Mugs game etc. Bookies always wins in the end.

However, a tenner won is always mroe satisfying than �£100 earned.

And even if you lose a few quid betting on the coupons, is that any worse than spunking �£20, �£30 or �£40 on booze on a Saturday night? Waking up with a hangover and no doubt some embarassing memories or memory loss.

People don't think you get anything for your money.

Well yesterday I got more enjoyment from and watched more games than I otherwise would have. Watching England pump Slovakia would normally have annoyed/bored me, was watching Scotland-Holland til we were out of it. Watched the second half of the France game. The French struggled to break down a stubborn Lithuanian side. WOuld not have watched normally, but you bet I enjoyed Ribery's goal. And then watched the Argie's pump Venezuela.

I like my football, but sometimes 4 games in one day, especially boring or games that are not competitive (I don't mean friendlies, I mean where there's only one winner) would start to wear thin.

So for the money I put on my coupon I got a lot more enjoyment and interest out of my day. All for �£5. Is that really any different to spunking it all on beer or do I just have a gamblin problem?

Guest bluenose1303
So for the money I put on my coupon I got a lot more enjoyment and interest out of my day. All for �£5. Is that really any different to spunking it all on beer or do I just have a gamblin problem?

Mate - as long as you are only spending what you can afford - then no,it is not really a problem.

As you say you spent �£5 on what i would describe as an "interest bet" really.

�£5 ffs

It`s two pints or a packet of cigarettes - it`s when you start spending the rent / mortgage money - thats when it`s time to worry :D

Mate - as long as you are only spending what you can afford - then no,it is not really a problem.

As you say you spent �£5 on what i would describe as an "interest bet" really.

�£5 ffs

It`s two pints or a packet of cigarettes - it`s when you start spending the rent / mortgage money - thats when it`s time to worry :D

Usually bet a bit more, but had some bad weeks and didn't have much to spare, lol.

But don't go too mad.

Betting just gets laughable

Holland

England

Scotland

Denmark

N Ireland

Switz

germany

France

Spain

Brazil

Hungary

Croatia

..........all won

and Fuckin Czech Rep lost at home!

Had 30 quid on that!!

Anyone else get done by Peterborough today? In risk of joining Reading.

Speaking of which, considered taking Sheff Utd, knew they'd win. But sods law, had I taken the blades Reading would've got a result. However, pleased those bastards got beat and dropped more points, even if I wasn't brave enough to risk betting on it.

You can bet on the first player to be booked, or at least from what team a player will be booked :)

Aye.

I just meant it's such a certainty the bookies would want to risk losing so much money by offering odds on it being a Rangers player. Would be like stealing candy from a baby. :devil:

Kung Fu kick to the kidneys and a lunge requiring stitches comitted against Rangers players. No problem.

Legitimate shoulder to shoulder battle between a Rangers player and opponent resulting in said Rangers player winning the ball? Yellow Card.

Go figure. :(