walter smiths replies to the fans!

That's one of the most nonsense statements I've ever read on here. How you can see last season as worse than John Greig's years beggars belief and shows why the likes of Murray and Smith don't take us seriously.

How can you expect Walter to take criticism like that on board?

You may not have liked the football but it was damned effective and I'd have loved that kind of success in the early 80's.

If winning both cups and only not winning the league due to Celtic cheating and an impossible fixture pile up while getting to the UEFA final is completely unacceptable for you then your opinion is worthless. You can never be pleased unless we start playing like Barcelona which is never going to happen and they don't always win either. They've had their own crises and are struggling to compete with English clubs in Europe.

When we finish 6th you can perhaps say we are worse than under Greig but until then you just sound like someone who would moan if we won CL but not quite in "your way".

When i purchased my season book last term calscot i expected to see a game of football but i didnt. I found myself and the others around me for

that matter bored rigid by halftime wondering why the hell we had bothered to go to Ibrox in the first place. teams well below us in the league passed the ball better and were generally better organised than we were and as the season Smith was found out by all and sundry.

Smith dragged us through the gutter last season. his team selections were poor and his tactics second rate. That is why we were second the league, and we may as well have been sixth given the result against Kuanas, in fact we could have been spared the embarrassment of that defeat if we did finish sixth. given the general standard of our gameplay i wouldnt have argued the toss if we did.

Theres a lot to be said about the manner in which you win. and forgive me if i like to see Rangers boss the odd team here and there. Is that too much to ask?

We could have played more attractive football last season but our manager opted not to and he made no appologies about his playing style. and when it came to actually trying to play football at the business end of the season he didnt know how to.

As for the two cups, diddy cup A were you play three games to win it and diddy cup B were you play four games to win it, hardly cover you in glamour do they?

hell you dont even get into Europe if you win the Scottish cup now!

and dont use excuses like the fixture pileup and "them getting decisions off the ref"! makes you sound like a mhank! with the lead we had we should have wrapped the league up by April.

for the general standard of football last season and given the money smith spent i have to say it was the worst i have ever witnessed.

But if your happy with rangers and walter smith last term then good luck to you. you obviously easily pleased.

Edited by gisabeer

I was talking about last season too. Thomson got injured against the Tims at Ibrox and barely featured for the remainder of the season. When he went out injured we were top by 10 points (if my memory serves me.....)

Dont think he was out that long mate and im 99.9% sure he played in the last game against Aberdeen.

i will say that i wasnt overly impressed by him last season but will concede that he certainly looked the part this time round.

Dont think he was out that long mate and im 99.9% sure he played in the last game against Aberdeen.

i will say that i wasnt overly impressed by him last season but will concede that he certainly looked the part this time round.

Could be my memory failing me too my man. But I thought he was out for a fair chunk after his injury, certainly the two OF games at CP and I think that had he been in there we may not have lost both of them.

I thought he was mediocre in the 1st half of the season but in the 2nd half he was showing the promise he had. I thought he was one of our best players to be honest. All about opinions though.