Land around Ibrox

Guest The Advocate

Calscot, the funding just isn't there. I presume that virtually none of the funding for the overall project was coming from the club or MIH and if it disappears the project isn't happening.

MIH is up to its tits in loans already and would also find it virtually impossible to get funding, even if it wanted to.

The expansion of the ground was only part of the overall project, I believe, and would be impossible without the rest of it happening.

Saying that, I see some of the Hinshelwood estate has already been demolished so a minimal part of it may happen, but I'm guessing that's just GCC using their budget that was already committed.

Didn't know how feasible it was but sometimes companies spend their way out of the recession and come back stronger and with almost guaranteed money from RFC from a layman's point of view, it looks like an ok idea that will save jobs and slow the recession.

However, if the money can't be raised then it's a non starter.

Seems to me that too many people want to make the recession worse than try to minimise the damage - the media are encouraging people to spend less, which is the last thing we need, and the banks are not lending enough even though they need to restore the flow of credit for their own sakes as well as for the economy.

It seems to me to be a vicious circle of people being damagingly cautious with finances.