Loy Extends Pars Loan Deal

DUNFERMLINE HAVE extended the loan spell of Rangers reserve striker Rory Loy until the end of the season.

The 20-year-old has impressed since his arrival last month and could be available on a permanent deal come the summer when his contract at Ibrox expires.

Loy struck his first goal for the Pars in their last outing against Airdrie United and although he has settled quickly at East End Park, his ambitions still lie in Glasgow.

He said, ââ?¬Å?Obviously my ultimate goal is to play for the club I am signed for which is Rangers, so hopefully I can do that by playing as well as I can for Dunfermline and looking to impress.

ââ?¬Å?Iââ?¬â?¢m getting on well here and Iââ?¬â?¢m now on loan until the end of the season, but Iââ?¬â?¢m in talks about my contract with Rangers and will just need to wait and see what happens.ââ?¬Â

ââ?¬Å?I came here to play first- team football and I have been involved in most games.

ââ?¬Å?The only game where I havenââ?¬â?¢t made an impact was against Dundee, but I have settled in well and Iââ?¬â?¢m really happy to be here.

ââ?¬Å?The fact the loan is being extended hopefully means I am doing something right and I will try to continue with that for the rest of the season.ââ?¬Â

Loy has coped comfortably with the transition to first-team football and has relished the opportunity to play in front of a crowd each week.

With last weekend�s game against St Johnstone cancelled due to a frozen pitch, his sights are now set on a clash with Queen of the South on Saturday.

He said, ââ?¬Å?I was looking forward to the Saints game which would have probably been one of the biggest I have played in, in terms of a top of the table clash.

ââ?¬Å?Hopefully, results will go our way this weekend and we can be even closer to the top by the time the game comes round.

ââ?¬Å?I think every player relishes the bigger matches.

ââ?¬Å?I want to play in every game, but the big games are special and to be involved with the crowds and the atmosphere is really what itââ?¬â?¢s all about.

ââ?¬Å?Iââ?¬â?¢m finding the first division is a bit stronger and quicker than the SPL reserves.

ââ?¬Å?Having said that, there is a fair mix in the reserve leagues and from game to game you donââ?¬â?¢t know if you will be playing against a boy of 17 or an experienced professional of 35.

ââ?¬Å?Becoming a footballer is a gradual process and there are not many players that jump straight from playing schoolboy football up to first team level.ââ?¬Â

Manager Jim McIntyre praised Loy�s attitude since coming to Dunfermline, but would not be drawn on the possibility of a full transfer.

He said, ââ?¬Å?Rory has done an excellent job for us a since signing on loan and we have extended the agreement with Rangers to keep him here until the end of the season.

ââ?¬Å?It is important to have options in all positions and also to have competition for places and that is something Rory has provided.

ââ?¬Å?He is quick and direct and can play up-front or in the wide positions and that is where we need more options,ââ?¬Â he added.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/output/2009/01/27/sportstory12555491t0.asp

It will be interesting to see how Jordan McMillan copes playing SPL for Hamilton in his 6 month spell as well.

Stevie Lennon was also highly regarded and scored dozens of goals for the reserves but struggled badly at Partick which ultimately seen them ending his loan spell early.

With the Reserve League likely to be chopped....we'll probably only keep a few players over 19 year old moving forward this summer.