Title aspirations

Perhaps...........

Having tried and failed to sell Boyd.......

Having seen the potential uproar if he was seen to dismantle the team by selling leading players at this stage of the season........

He opted for the only other option available.........

Short term financial risk in the hope we win the title and qualify for the CL........

Followed by dismantling the team in the summer on the back of a title win and decent season ticket sales.

Of course, if we now fail to win the league, he is on a very sticky wicket indeed.

Perhaps...........

Having tried and failed to sell Boyd.......

Having seen the potential uproar if he was seen to dismantle the team by selling leading players at this stage of the season........

He opted for the only other option available.........

Short term financial risk in the hope we win the title and qualify for the CL........

Followed by dismantling the team in the summer on the back of a title win and decent season ticket sales.

Of course, if we now fail to win the league, he is on a very sticky wicket indeed.

That's probably the worst case scenario atm, hopefully it will not prove to be the case.

I just wonder if all the talk of ''needing to sell at least one first team player'' had an effect on the players ?, I mean when I watch Rangers they always look scared,nervous ect.

Maybe now that the window has closed they can relax a bit and get their heads down and start playing with a bit of confidence now..................or maybe they are just pish !!!!

I just wonder if all the talk of ''needing to sell at least one first team player'' had an effect on the players ?, I mean when I watch Rangers they always look scared,nervous ect.

Maybe now that the window has closed they can relax a bit and get their heads down and start playing with a bit of confidence now..................or maybe they are just pish !!!!

We were playing poor before the statement. I think it is more the tactics of the manager that makes them look frightened and cautious.