by Jim Hannah, Supporters Liaison Officer

RANGERS lost one of their biggest fans yesterday when Garry Lynch passed away at Hairmyres Hospital.

Everyone at the Club was saddened and shocked to hear of the sudden death of Garry, known to his mates as big Gadger.

Garry was one of a group of true bluenoses who travelled everywhere and anywhere to see their beloved Rangers. It made no difference if the Rangers were training in America or playing in Aberdeen -you were sure to see him there.

Almost everyone inside Ibrox I told about Garry said that they new him and described him as the big guy who was always at a Rangers game. This speaks volumes of him, indeed the Rangers Anthem Follow Follow could have been written with Garry in mind.

I last spoke to Garry late on Friday afternoon just outside the Superstore at Ibrox and he was laughing and joking telling me how good he was at his other passion, signing Karaoke. He was looking forward to the next two games Celtic and Forfar. He was looking in good shape, which makes it all the harder to believe that he is no longer with us.

Garry Lynch was a larger than life character, who certainly wasn't bashful and it was not uncommon when the crowd were silent at a match you would hear this booming voice from the terracing shouting some sort of funny quip which made people laugh.

I received calls from all over the world yesterday from grief stricken fans and pals of Garry all of them shocked by the news. Strangely I was standing at Moses McNeil's graveside when I got the sad news about Garry's death, now when I think of one I will remember the other. He will be sorely missed by his Family and close friends and by his fellow Bears in the stands.

Everyone at the Club from the Chairman down sends their condolences. Our thoughts go to Garry's family at this sad time and especially to his wife Elaine, daughter Angela and son Garry

RIP Garry Lynch