Rangers 0 : 0 Celtic - Player Ratings and MoM Poll

I'm not talking about Flecks potential to (hopefully) become a great for us, I'm talking about yesterdays performances.

And my point is that yesterday Fleck's lack of experience showed - however, there is only one way he can get the experience and so I'm glad he got the nod.

So just because Gergie has lost his "mojo" or whatever you want to call it, the comparison becomes invalid? Explain.

The point there is that although experience can be very important in tough games, there is a point where an experienced player becomes "over the hill"/"past it"/"jaded" etc, and that's when all the experience in the world is not going to help. I think Fergie has reached that stage and so his experience no longer helps.

So what do you think is the correct age to give a young player experience in big games, 20, 24, 28, 32??????

I don't know what the correct age is but I'll always prefer a blend of youth and experience and I think we had that.

We had one teenager, a couple of early twenties, three mid twenties, 4 around 30 and one at 38. Not too bad.

Teenagers have been shown to be inconsistent and to struggle when put under a lot of pressure, you just have to look at recent Hibs teams to see that. Bring all their top youngsters back now as a team and I'm sure it will be a far better one than when they were teenagers.

Teenagers should probably only play in these types of games if they show maturity beyond their years. By all accounts Fleck has but he still, not surprisingly, struggled to make an impact. However, he will hopefully learn a lot from it.

I do believe the age old cliche, if you're good enough you're old enough. We had another young player in the squad yesterday, Aaron who was probably sent to Rangers from Valencia hoping to get big game experience. His coaches at Valencia probably wanted that too.

The trouble is, on what do you base your assessment of how good they are? Aaron has not been deemed ready yet by his manager for other league games so why would he come on in an extremely important OF game? I just don't get your thinking...

While WS is in charge our club motto should be changed from "Ready" to "Ready, but only if you have experience!"

Why, when he just played the youngest player in an OF match for 24 years, the same player who is the youngest ever player in a British cup final over the last 130 odd years?

Experience helps but there's only one way you are going to get it.