Well, Bless My Cotton Socks�

A wee socks tyale I was relating to one of our seperated brethern recently.

In the 1970 European Cup semi-final between ra Sellik and Leeds United, ra green'n'grey hooped horrors arrived at Elland Road for the first leg with white socks. Leeds United played in all white, the Referee demanded ra Sellik change their socks. Of course, they did not have a second set and thus had to accept Leeds offer of their reserves team socks. They were coloured ORANGE.

The Yahoo was clearly unsettled at the telling of these events, we met again a week or so later and he informed me he had checked it out and told me with tremendous certainty that his beloved hooped heroes had NEVER played in orange socks. I enquired as to the colour of socks that evening at Elland Road, he replied, "GOLD". He could only get comfortable with ra Sellik in green, white, and gold, it was a deliberate action on Sellik's part.

As it is often said, Yahoos and the truth, akin to oil and water.

An excellent tale :)

I've found in my dealings with the tims, it pays to know more about their club than they do as thay have actually revised parts of their history to suit their own agenda. Something about telling lies often enough.....

The best debates to be part of are when a Hibee is ripping Timmy apart for their tenious links to 'The Home Land' :)

Cammy F

A wee socks tyale I was relating to one of our seperated brethern recently.

In the 1970 European Cup semi-final between ra Sellik and Leeds United, ra green'n'grey hooped horrors arrived at Elland Road for the first leg with white socks. Leeds United played in all white, the Referee demanded ra Sellik change their socks. Of course, they did not have a second set and thus had to accept Leeds offer of their reserves team socks. They were coloured ORANGE.

The Yahoo was clearly unsettled at the telling of these events, we met again a week or so later and he informed me he had checked it out and told me with tremendous certainty that his beloved hooped heroes had NEVER played in orange socks. I enquired as to the colour of socks that evening at Elland Road, he replied, "GOLD". He could only get comfortable with ra Sellik in green, white, and gold, it was a deliberate action on Sellik's part.

As it is often said, Yahoos and the truth, akin to oil and water.

:D:D

That story's brought a huge smile to my face for some reason.

An excellent tale :)

I've found in my dealings with the tims, it pays to know more about their club than they do as thay have actually revised parts of their history to suit their own agenda. Something about telling lies often enough.....

The best debates to be part of are when a Hibee is ripping Timmy apart for their tenious links to 'The Home Land' :)

Cammy F

I heard one on talkSport this morning, claiming that the Spanish authorities said that there were 75,000 in Suvil whereas he thought that there were 100,000 and celtic had the biggest travelling support in Britain.

He conveniently ignored the fact that Rangers have had consistently more fans following them away from home both domestically and in europe over the past few years and the Spanish authorities said that there were 54,000 of them in Suvil.