If Smith plays 4-5-1 or 4-1-4-1 (or anything else that ends in -1) in the cup final, he will no longer be able to expect my current level of support. I'll be hunting him with a bear gun.:cool:

Is it humanly possible to offer less than zero ? :fish:

I agree with you both - we should NOT be playing anything with "-1" and I had the same thought about the last OF at Ibrox S_A. Bougherra fit would have meant that he would have been covering McDonald and I doubt he would have made the same mistake Broadfoot did.

Is it humanly possible to offer less than zero ? :fish:

I agree with you both - we should NOT be playing anything with "-1" and I had the same thought about the last OF at Ibrox S_A. Bougherra fit would have meant that he would have been covering McDonald and I doubt he would have made the same mistake Broadfoot did.

A bit harsh on Kirk maybe, but valid none the less I think.

In debating 4-5-1 v 4-4-2 someone pointed out the former got a better result than the latter in the last 2 meetings. But it's not a fair comparison when such a key player (my POTY) in a key position was not playing.

A bit harsh on Kirk maybe, but valid none the less I think.

In debating 4-5-1 v 4-4-2 someone pointed out the former got a better result than the latter in the last 2 meetings. But it's not a fair comparison when such a key player (my POTY) in a key position was not playing.

Aye, a bit harsh on Kirk perhaps as he has had a solid season. However, he did make the mistake of 1) allowing McDonald to turn and 2) onto his stronger foot and 3) he made it easy for McDonald to decide what to do.

I dont think that Bougherra would have allowed that to happen.

The 4-5-1 vs 4-4-2 debate is, this season, one which you can use to support either argument.

The reality is that we have played them 3 times this season; We have used the 4-5-1 once and gained one point. We have used the 4-4-2 and gained 3 points. There endeth that discussion, 4-4-2 wins.

Ohhhhh, wait a minute.... in the last 2 games against them we have used both the 4-5-1 and the 4-4-2 once and gaines one point with the former and none with the latter. There endeth the discussion, 4-5-1 wins.

Ohhhhh, wait a minute.... we have played them at Parkhead twice this season and used the 4-5-1 and 4-4-2 once each. With the 4-5-1 we gained 1 point but with the 4-4-2 we gained 3 points. There endeth the discussion, 4-4-2 wins.

Statistics, got to love them eh ? ;)

Looking good for Novo, not so much for Heid It and Hoof It...

Rangers duo Lee McCulloch and Nacho Novo could be set for a return to action in next month's Co-Operative Insurance Cup final.

Test results on Tuesday confirmed midfielder McCulloch suffered a calf injury in last week's 4-0 win over Forfar in the Scottish Cup.

McCulloch was initially told he could be out of action for up to four weeks.

Meanwhile, striker Novo is set to return to full training next week after suffering an ankle knock in January.

McCulloch, who has been impressive in the holding role in recent matches but missed Saturday's 3-1 win over Kilmarnock in the Scottish Premier League, is hoping to be fit in time for the Co-operative Insurance Cup final on 15 March.

Rangers assistant manager Ally McCoist told the club website: "I was getting the wee cheesy grin from Nacho today and he's back out running which is great to see,"

"Everybody will be delighted to hear the wee man is not far away from a return now and big Lee is the same.

"He has a very minimal tear in his calf and that happened last week up at Forfar but I'd hope he'll be back in full training in a week to 10 days."

DaMarcus Beasley was also injured in the 4-0 win at Station Park following a challenge from Elliot Smith, which earned the Forfar player a red card.

The Rangers winger should be back in contention for the visit of Inverness Caledonian Thistle on 4 March.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/7907934.stm